Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

05-10-2016 09:30 PM
64 123
tools
    OK, had phone at 100% before bed. Woke up and it was at 99%. Was checking apps and on chrome browser for 40 minutes when I woke up and it went down to 86% in that time. Using auto brightness. Does that sound normal? Seems bad to me....

Posted via the Android Central App
    That would be on the high-side for me and how I have my phone set up, where I have most things dialed back, turned off, deactivated and I force everything through my wifi connection. If you are running apps wide open and have lots of processes going on in the background, with spotty and inconsistent cellular signals that might be very typical.

My Verizon coverage is so bad in my house that I just turn off the cell-data, and location completely. I force everything I can through my wifi.
    05-06-2016 12:56 PM
    That would be on the high-side for me and how I have my phone set up, where I have most things dialed back, turned off, deactivated and I force everything through my wifi connection. If you are running apps wide open and have lots of processes going on in the background, with spotty and inconsistent cellular signals that might be very typical.

My Verizon coverage is so bad in my house that I just turn off the cell-data, and location completely. I force everything I can through my wifi.
    There is the anecdotal evidence that phones with Marshmallow use up excessive battery when hunting for weak data signal compared to under Lollipop. But I never saw any solid evidence.
    05-06-2016 02:26 PM
    There is the anecdotal evidence that phones with Marshmallow use up excessive battery when hunting for weak data signal compared to under Lollipop. But I never saw any solid evidence.
    I would think the only way to prove/disprove that would be to have two identical phones, set up identically on the same carrier network towers... one with LP and the other with MM. And base line them one versus the other at the same times.

Joey... for the heck of it I ran my phone last night www surfing, amazon surfing, YT videos as I normally do in a dim lit room and screen brightness turned all the way down. I was also downloading Android Wear files for my moto-360 watch. I also turned on the weather widget, to sync that with my watch. Thats something I don't normally do. After a full working day plus ~5 hours of evening dim screen on time I dropped down to 68%.

I then cranked the screen all the way up to 100% for ~50 minutes where the battery dropped from 68% to 44%. I NEVER do this btw, 100% brightness causes eye fatigue, as my eyes are sensitive to bright LED lighting. How does this compare to your usage numbers?

delrey1900 and tardus like this.
    05-07-2016 11:47 AM

Attached Thumbnails any way to undo stupid update?-10658.jpg  
    05-10-2016 06:38 AM

Attached Thumbnails any way to undo stupid update?-10660.jpg  
    05-10-2016 06:38 AM
    You know with all of your issues I would take it in to a warranty center and exchange it.

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10
    Where are the warranty centers? I googled it and nothing came up except for retail stores...

05-10-2016 06:43 AM
    Who did you buy it from? Not sure how AT&T works but they make take care of it. I know VZW does when I had them. Haven't dealt with T-Mo yet.
    05-10-2016 07:10 AM
    Best Buy... Verizon carrier

05-10-2016 10:09 AM
    Have you tried taking it to a Verizon store, they should be able to assist. Someone in my other thread mentioned apps automatically updating themselves to MM. Its possible you have some apps that aren't updated or optimized for MM.
    05-10-2016 10:58 AM
    I bought it at Best Buy.... They might not like that?

05-10-2016 11:22 AM
    I bought it at Best Buy.... They might not like that?

I really don't think it would matter, BB is a Verizon business partner and all. You are on their network, receiving updates to/from/across Verizons network (or wifi like me if you chose to do so). One of the main benefits of using a carrier and a carrier phone is the in store support. I think you have pretty much exhausted the AC forum members... its time to take her in.

Its such a fiercely competitive market right now, you could unlock the phone and take it to Sprint. I would think fear of that would keep Verizon wanting to have you as a customer.

Also your cell network strengths are pretty bad. 2/5, 1/5 bars, and the dreaded 1x in your screen caps above. If the poor reception is a result of the MM update, Verizon can only diagnose that in store if at all.
    05-10-2016 12:25 PM
    Thank you... I will try that a my next route. I think I'll call them first before someone starts touching my phone. I am very fussy about people messing with it.... Lol

05-10-2016 01:34 PM
    Called Verizon corporate, local and LG.... Nothing they can do. They cant flash the phone. Only thing would be to send it to LG for them to look at or Verizon gives me a Refurbished and they can't promise it won't be updated. NO WAY DO I WANT A REFURB! So basically I am screwed... Should have got the Samsung Note 5. I'm kicking myself now for not getting it. Grrrrrrrr

05-10-2016 09:23 PM
    Called Verizon corporate, local and LG.... Nothing they can do. They cant flash the phone. Only thing would be to send it to LG for them to look at or Verizon gives me a Refurbished and they can't promise it won't be updated. NO WAY DO I WANT A REFURB! So basically I am screwed... Should have got the Samsung Note 5. I'm kicking myself now for not getting it. Grrrrrrrr

Take the refurbished one and see if it is updated, if it is send it back. If it's not then you are good to go.

In all honesty, the Note 5 isn't that much better. I gave my wife mine and got this one.

IF you are that against the LG v10.. Sell yours and buy the Note or whatever floats your boat.

Posted from my AT&T LG v10
    05-10-2016 09:30 PM
64 123