any way to undo stupid update?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Set my screen to Auto... I'll see if that helps.

Now the fingerprint scanner is acting up. Ugh!

I cleared it and re scanned my prints... Does not help.

Curse you MM android!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Set my screen to Auto... I'll see if that helps.

Now the fingerprint scanner is acting up. Ugh!

I cleared it and re scanned my prints... Does not help.

Curse you MM android!!!!!!!!!!!

You know with all of your issues I would take it in to a warranty center and exchange it.

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10

pukem0n

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
well, my V10 only gets to about 80 minutes of screen on time before i have to charge it again.
loses over 30% overnight.

i had sot of 4hrs on lollipop and now it is f'ed up...

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
This update is a nightmare....

Now I also get this when I get a phone call and try to go online via data and not wifi

Attachments

• 10080.jpg
    10080.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 38

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
OK, had phone at 100% before bed. Woke up and it was at 99%. Was checking apps and on chrome browser for 40 minutes when I woke up and it went down to 86% in that time. Using auto brightness. Does that sound normal? Seems bad to me....

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You are not in a area to get a good signal..

The update isn't "stupid" - at least on my phone. No problems at all and at the end of the day plenty of battery left. It would be nice if I didn't have to charge it at night but I can live with that! I think poor data signal is causing a lot of issues with people's phones. But some phones are most definitely defective...

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
OK, had phone at 100% before bed. Woke up and it was at 99%. Was checking apps and on chrome browser for 40 minutes when I woke up and it went down to 86% in that time. Using auto brightness. Does that sound normal? Seems bad to me....

That would be on the high-side for me and how I have my phone set up, where I have most things dialed back, turned off, deactivated and I force everything through my wifi connection. If you are running apps wide open and have lots of processes going on in the background, with spotty and inconsistent cellular signals that might be very typical.

My Verizon coverage is so bad in my house that I just turn off the cell-data, and location completely. I force everything I can through my wifi.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
That would be on the high-side for me and how I have my phone set up, where I have most things dialed back, turned off, deactivated and I force everything through my wifi connection. If you are running apps wide open and have lots of processes going on in the background, with spotty and inconsistent cellular signals that might be very typical.

My Verizon coverage is so bad in my house that I just turn off the cell-data, and location completely. I force everything I can through my wifi.

There is the anecdotal evidence that phones with Marshmallow use up excessive battery when hunting for weak data signal compared to under Lollipop. But I never saw any solid evidence.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There is the anecdotal evidence that phones with Marshmallow use up excessive battery when hunting for weak data signal compared to under Lollipop. But I never saw any solid evidence.

I would think the only way to prove/disprove that would be to have two identical phones, set up identically on the same carrier network towers... one with LP and the other with MM. And base line them one versus the other at the same times.

Joey... for the heck of it I ran my phone last night www surfing, amazon surfing, YT videos as I normally do in a dim lit room and screen brightness turned all the way down. I was also downloading Android Wear files for my moto-360 watch. I also turned on the weather widget, to sync that with my watch. Thats something I don't normally do. After a full working day plus ~5 hours of evening dim screen on time I dropped down to 68%.

I then cranked the screen all the way up to 100% for ~50 minutes where the battery dropped from 68% to 44%. I NEVER do this btw, 100% brightness causes eye fatigue, as my eyes are sensitive to bright LED lighting. How does this compare to your usage numbers?

Capture_2016-05-06-19-26-06_zps9mopy14q.png

Capture_2016-05-06-19-26-31_zpsfyufn7f3.png

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Who did you buy it from? Not sure how AT&T works but they make take care of it. I know VZW does when I had them. Haven't dealt with T-Mo yet.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried taking it to a Verizon store, they should be able to assist. Someone in my other thread mentioned apps automatically updating themselves to MM. Its possible you have some apps that aren't updated or optimized for MM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey