any way to undo stupid update?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I bought it at Best Buy.... They might not like that?

Posted via the Android Central App

I really don't think it would matter, BB is a Verizon business partner and all. You are on their network, receiving updates to/from/across Verizons network (or wifi like me if you chose to do so). One of the main benefits of using a carrier and a carrier phone is the in store support. I think you have pretty much exhausted the AC forum members... its time to take her in.

Its such a fiercely competitive market right now, you could unlock the phone and take it to Sprint. I would think fear of that would keep Verizon wanting to have you as a customer.

Also your cell network strengths are pretty bad. 2/5, 1/5 bars, and the dreaded 1x in your screen caps above. If the poor reception is a result of the MM update, Verizon can only diagnose that in store if at all.

Last edited:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you... I will try that a my next route. I think I'll call them first before someone starts touching my phone. I am very fussy about people messing with it.... Lol

Last edited:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Called Verizon corporate, local and LG.... Nothing they can do. They cant flash the phone. Only thing would be to send it to LG for them to look at or Verizon gives me a Refurbished and they can't promise it won't be updated. NO WAY DO I WANT A REFURB! So basically I am screwed... Should have got the Samsung Note 5. I'm kicking myself now for not getting it. Grrrrrrrr

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Called Verizon corporate, local and LG.... Nothing they can do. They cant flash the phone. Only thing would be to send it to LG for them to look at or Verizon gives me a Refurbished and they can't promise it won't be updated. NO WAY DO I WANT A REFURB! So basically I am screwed... Should have got the Samsung Note 5. I'm kicking myself now for not getting it. Grrrrrrrr

Take the refurbished one and see if it is updated, if it is send it back. If it's not then you are good to go.

In all honesty, the Note 5 isn't that much better. I gave my wife mine and got this one.

IF you are that against the LG v10.. Sell yours and buy the Note or whatever floats your boat.

Posted from my AT&T LG v10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie