Lock Screen shortcuts

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone on Marshmallow find this in the settings? I need to change one of my shortcuts and it appears as though the setting is no longer there.

Posted via the Android Central App

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note 5 with Verizon. Some phones may not have that option. But you can try by going to: Settings > Lock screen and security > Info and app shortcuts > App shortcuts.
You can turn off either one or change to any app.

Attachments

• 1461802587107.jpg
    1461802587107.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 62

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
V10 doesn't have those options. It's either taken off if it's an M option or Samsung adds it.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile version here and I do not have the shortcut option/button. That's odd that it doesn't when others do.
I'm on AT&T and I don't have it either. Some carriers must be disabling it for some reason. Same with LG Themes and LG Access Lock too. No idea why they would block certain features like that. Probably to add more forced carrier bloat apps. I wonder if any resourceful devs have found a way to add it back in yet. They did for LG Themes and Access Lock.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
On Verizon-MM its under Settings => Shortcut Key

Its not really programmable though. Double tap Volume+ and it brings up the screen capture app. Double tap Volume- and it opens the camera. It would be nice if I could activate the flashlight with a Volume+ double tap. I can't think of any practical reason to instantly access the Capture+ screen, from idle standby.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
kramer5150, you're referring to the physical button shortcuts. I was referring to the app shortcuts on the lockscreen. I have AT&T and the setting to customize it disappeared with the Marshmallow update.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I believe that on MM, if you have some form of security for the lockscreen (ie fingerprint) you can't edit the app shortcuts. However I am unsure. Just a hunch. I have an ATT Lollipop V10 and I do have the option.