Any apparent changes in MM update for V10?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed a good amount already myself. I don't care if the changes are MM and not from LG, I would just like to know. Good and bad changes are welcome to be mentioned.

My favorite so far is the change to do not disturb over 3 sound options. I constantly missed alarms due to "No Interruptions" so this is a welcome change

Posted via the Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Lemme list out the changes I've noticed so far:

-fingerprint scanner works much faster and now uses marshmallow fingerprint APIs so you can now use fingerprints for apps that support it.

-HiFi DAC works with more music players, as well as YouTube.

-No more YouTube issues: animations are now smooth and 1440p playback is flawless.

-second screen is the new place for the tools bar with Capture+.

-phone feels a bit smoother and gaming performance is better now.

-battery life has improved quite a bit. Highly depends on if you have apps set for Doze to ignore.

-notification panel now splits notification volume and ringer volume. Hated it at first but like it better now

-smart settings works well now. Too well I might add. Location detection is still sometimes glitchy but location based settings register reliably compared to Lollipop.

-second screen when the phone is off is brighter now and controls are more fluid. As a bonus, music controls are available even when no music app is open.

-popup notifications now register inn the second screen more. Hangouts and Skype still show a heads up on the main display but in the case of Skype, relegates to the second screen with extra messages like a chat for example.

Posted on an LG V10

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
crap. i was liking the phone as is and have been ignoring the update for a week (on tmo). but these sound like improvements i need!

thanks for sharing!

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
-smart settings works well now. Too well I might add. Location detection is still sometimes glitchy but location based settings register reliably compared to Lollipop.

How do you have your smart settings set up? I have mine set to turn off WiFi when I leave home and to turn back on when I get home. But it never turns back on.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The screen (at last for me) appears overall brighter too. Not more efficient mind you... just brighter for the same percentage setting as it was on LP.

Dont quote me on this but I think the Verizon MM also added wifi calling.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How do you have your smart settings set up? I have mine set to turn off WiFi when I leave home and to turn back on when I get home. But it never turns back on.

I have mine set up to turn on WiFi and change sound profile to Sound when at home and have it turn off and change sound profile to Vibrate when I'm not home. Might help that I'm using high accuracy mode for location but removing and adding back your home address might help.

Posted on an LG V10

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Where does one find the "smart settings"?
Perhaps not included in the Verizon version?

O-B-1
Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have to remember to turn-on the wifi myself. It does turn it off flawlessly though when I leave home.