Missing apps

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a rather annoying issue. Whenever I restart my phone or power it down to swap batteries etc upon restart it uninstalls several apps and replaces their shortcuts with generic green android icons. I order to get them back I have to reinstall the apps every reboot. After that I need to delete the generic icons to get rid of them. Any ideas what could be causing this? My phone is an LG V10 on AT&T with MM 6.0. It is stock with no root.

Posted via the Android Central App

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have an sdcard. Would that do it? It makes the apps totally disappear. I also notice it changes my keyboard and sms app back to default.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it's possible that a failing card could be the cause of most of your problems. You could try moving all your apps to internal storage, unmount the card and see if it makes a difference.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset. It solved the problem so far and my battery life seems a little better.

LJSupafly

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I have also experienced this error recently in the past few days. I keep all of my apps saved internally, not on my SD card, so I don't know why this is happening. I also have plenty of room. I'm only using 33.16 GB of 64 GB. It usually uninstalls the google apps, but today it also uninstalled my signal private messenger app and misfit. I try to restart my phone at least once a day, but ever since this started happening, I've been waiting longer because it's annoying to reinstall everything each time. Anyone find a solution or reason this is happening? Thanks!

Eyal Tropen

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Same here.... Only started 6 months after original post - thought it's a recent update... I started using YouMail recently, and noticed some settings and greetings change there too.

Most commonly uninstalled is Google Pay, but Google account is also removed from play store, settings backup etc., and keyboard reset from Google English keyboard to LG keyboard.

Phone also LG V10 as OP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc