Jumped the Samsung S6 Edge Plus ship

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Had the LG G3 and G4 but left for the sexy S6 Edge... Beautiful phone but impractical. Finally got tired of opening apps every time I held the phone (the "Edge" feature has a great cool factor but turns out to be more gimmicky than practical). It's so hard to hold because you're always trying to avoid touching the Edge screen.
No major complaints for the most part just a lot of little irritating things about the S6.
Really missed expandable memory and the replaceable battery on the LG's.
Still have the S6 and funny thing is the V10 is quicker at almost everything. Apps open faster, phone boots faster, Web pages load faster.. Wow! Not a gamer so not sure how they compare there.
As far as the V10, love the sustainable feel!
The stainless sides give a reassuring feel when gripping the phone and I no longer open apps... LOL
Screen, pics, videos as I remember with the G4.. Top notch! If I have one gripe it's the speaker... It's good but certainly not great. On the other hand when you plug into the 3.5mm jack, great googly moogly.. what sound!
Even though the V10 came out in the 4th quarter of 2015 it is holding its own. I could of went with S7 but really loved the the look, size and feel of the V10. Already got the Red and blue leather backs with wireless charging... Looks and charges great!
Late to the V10 party but happy to be here.

Edit: Forgot to mention how much I missed the rear controls. Every time I grabbed the S6 I would turn it on or off because of the awful placement of the power button. And when it was on I was constantly turning the ringer off.... Arghhh!

Found a good video (not mine) showing a bit about the speed comparison.
https://youtu.be/-PYb0c6wLv4

Last edited:

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed same thing speed wise coming from a Note 4. Even running 5.1 after reformat, my V10 is faster at everything. Apps open faster. Animations more fluid, multitasking that works and even faster web page rendering (and I was using same version of chrome for both phones). TouchWiz is seriously bloated. I heard it's far faster on the new s7 devices, but I honestly heard the exact same rhetoric about the Note 4. I was nervous about getting it after the awful experience I had with TouchWiz on a s3 and s4. I heard the note 4 was leaner and faster. Indeed it was but it was still chunky as hell compared to HTC and LG devices. Kinda regretted it after comparing it to my mom's much cheaper G4. Her phone felt far faster in every respect. Perhaps the s7 is actually lean and mean. But after getting burnt 3 separate times I'm just going to hold onto my v10 for a while.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, Note 4 was a beast of phone and still holds it's own (provided you get one that works as it should).
I have never been brand loyal and just go with what works and what I like. I have had great success with LG, Sammy, HTC and Moto.
But as mentioned, the S6 Edge is impractical. Specs, etc. are all fine but it doesn't matter when you can't hold the phone or always turn it off and on when you do grab it.
The G3 was one of my favorites but did not feel the same with G4 only because the G4 after a few days felt like my G3 (not enough difference between the two). Like you, really digging the V10...can't get over how good it feels in the hand.

I noticed same thing speed wise coming from a Note 4. Even running 5.1 after reformat, my V10 is faster at everything. Apps open faster. Animations more fluid, multitasking that works and even faster web page rendering (and I was using same version of chrome for both phones). TouchWiz is seriously bloated. I heard it's far faster on the new s7 devices, but I honestly heard the exact same rhetoric about the Note 4. I was nervous about getting it after the awful experience I had with TouchWiz on a s3 and s4. I heard the note 4 was leaner and faster. Indeed it was but it was still chunky as hell compared to HTC and LG devices. Kinda regretted it after comparing it to my mom's much cheaper G4. Her phone felt far faster in every respect. Perhaps the s7 is actually lean and mean. But after getting burnt 3 separate times I'm just going to hold onto my v10 for a while.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yep... I am not a fan of any of the Galaxy / Edge phones. I just can't firmly grasp onto any of them without activating or pressing something. You add a glass case back and thats a recipe for disaster (or a lot of broken phones). Of course I can turn off the edge functionality, but that defeats the whole gimmick.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma