issues with volume-up and power buttons

Ali Assaedi

May 21, 2016
Visit site
few days ago.. my power button was acting up.. each time i would press it, the phone reboots. this has stopped after few hours.

however, ever since, i would need to press the power button really hard , else it wont register .. same with volume up... and i dunno why. i didnt spill water on it.. and the phone didnt fall . issue presissts in safe mode.

i know its a hardware problem .. but can i do something about it on my own ? sending it for repairs might take weeks .. and i really need my phone for work.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If it's a hardware problem, it's likely you just need to replace the part. Unfortunately, it seems you've already done enough damage to the actual button module. I'd recommend finding a replacement part for the entire rear button setup (it's a white piece on the back of the motherboard behind a metal plate that covers the innards of the button array) as you've mentioned it also affects the volume buttons too. Is the power button and volume rocker a bit on the loose side too? You might've pressed down too hard and made the button housing loose, thus the need for excessive force as the buttons can't reach far enough by default.

If the part doesn't exist, that means you'll have to get your phone repaired, which means we need to know exactly where you bought the device. If it was from a carrier, you can probably take advantage of the buyer's remorse period and exchange it for a new one.

Posted via an LG V10

Ali Assaedi

May 21, 2016
Visit site
delrey1900 :
Where did you buy it?

Jordan

its an H960 .. 32gb.. white. uno sim

HNNNNNGHHH: you can probably take advantage of the buyer's remorse period and exchange it for a new one.

yea, sadly they dont just replace phones here, they would attempt to repair it , since it has a 1 year limited warranty, and i just bought it a month ago. and treated it quite gently. yea well, i'll just hand it to the warranty and hope that they wont take more than 2 weeks to repair a god damn button :(

thanks for the replies, especially the detailed one ;)

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I used LGs repair service when my phone bricked. It took a while but if you provide all of your details and wants in your initial messages you can get a shipping label with quickness and you'll get your phone back in about a week (based off of my experience at least, as a US resident)

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463