No earpiece sound and unknown icon?

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Tried to make a call and had no earpiece sound. Switched to speaker and it is fine on speaker. I have a new "cord" icon in my status bar that I am sure is related but I can not find that particular icon described anywhere. See attached screen shot. Does anyone know what is going on with the phone and what that icon is for? Thanks.

I tried restarting, a battery pull, and no luck fixing it.

Attachments

• Capture+_2016-05-22-14-05-08.jpg
    Capture+_2016-05-22-14-05-08.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 22

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I suspect the cord icon indicates that you have a headset plugged in - at least, the phone thinks you have a headset plugged in.

Do you ever use a headset? It's possible the jack has been damaged. Try inserting/removing a headset plug a few times; if that doesn't clear it, you may need to have the jack replaced.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you use headphones and/or headset? If you do, do they still work? Have you dropped your phone recently? Did you try cleaning out the port with a can of compressed air?

Edit: Some duplicate questions. N4Newbie posted as I was researching.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I had just found that other thread and tried the SoundAbout App. That did it. I then restarted the phone and that icon is gone. I think you are right that it is the icon for an audio cable. Strange thing is that it is not shown on any of the LG icon charts I could find. Also strange that I have never plugged in anything to that jack. I only use Bluetooth. I was thinking I will clean out the jack though just in case it was because of some dirt or lint in it. But maybe leave well enough alone now that it is working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX