No earpiece sound and unknown icon?

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Tried to make a call and had no earpiece sound. Switched to speaker and it is fine on speaker. I have a new "cord" icon in my status bar that I am sure is related but I can not find that particular icon described anywhere. See attached screen shot. Does anyone know what is going on with the phone and what that icon is for? Thanks.

I tried restarting, a battery pull, and no luck fixing it.

Attachments

• Capture+_2016-05-22-14-05-08.jpg
    Capture+_2016-05-22-14-05-08.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 22

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I suspect the cord icon indicates that you have a headset plugged in - at least, the phone thinks you have a headset plugged in.

Do you ever use a headset? It's possible the jack has been damaged. Try inserting/removing a headset plug a few times; if that doesn't clear it, you may need to have the jack replaced.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you use headphones and/or headset? If you do, do they still work? Have you dropped your phone recently? Did you try cleaning out the port with a can of compressed air?

Edit: Some duplicate questions. N4Newbie posted as I was researching.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I had just found that other thread and tried the SoundAbout App. That did it. I then restarted the phone and that icon is gone. I think you are right that it is the icon for an audio cable. Strange thing is that it is not shown on any of the LG icon charts I could find. Also strange that I have never plugged in anything to that jack. I only use Bluetooth. I was thinking I will clean out the jack though just in case it was because of some dirt or lint in it. But maybe leave well enough alone now that it is working.