How to go into Recovery Mode LG V10?

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm trying to get into recovery mode but when I do what I'm told to do by powering off then powering back on and pressing the volume down and power button same time and to release the power for 3 seconds then press again once the LG Logo appears it will take me to a factory reset option only and won't show anything else, it will give me a yes or no option and by pressing no it just reboots, anybody knows how to put it into recovery mode?

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG V10

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Power it completely off then hold power + volume down button till you see the recovery screen.

Posted from my AT&T LG v10

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Power it completely off then hold power + volume down button till you see the recovery screen.

Ain't working, it just goes to LG logo then shuts off and back to LG logo and so on like in a boot loop

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Leave it powered off completely for a couple minutes and then push the volume button and the power button in at the same time and keep holding them in.

Well.. I just tried it and it appears that I can't get it to work either... Hmmmm this is strange

Last edited:

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Leave it powered off completely for a couple minutes and then push the volume button and the power button in at the same time and keep holding them in.

Well.. I just tried it and it appears that I can't get it to work either... Hmmmm this is strange

So you telling me away how to do it that actually doesn't work for you either? That's cool... lol

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just did it; power down, push volume down first then power, hold both until recovery mode.
Verizon version if that matters.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I took mine into the AT&T store yesterday, and they called the main service center. Seems several people are having this problem.

I have to take my phone there and they said they will reflash the os and if that doesn't work they'll get me a new one.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I took mine into the AT&T store yesterday, and they called the main service center. Seems several people are having this problem.

I have to take my phone there and they said they will reflash the os and if that doesn't work they'll get me a new one.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow

Ok thanks

STiK

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Umm.. Power phone down.. Power up by holding power and volume down button.. As soon as you see the boot logo, release the power button while still holding the volume button for a second.. Repress power while still holding volume down until recovery comes up.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Umm.. Power phone down.. Power up by holding power and volume down button.. As soon as you see the boot logo, release the power button while still holding the volume button for a second.. Repress power while still holding volume down until recovery comes up.

Nope. Don't work either.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

This took me to a factory reset

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Just got off the phone with AT&T mobility 3rd tier support. They remotely connected to my phone and couldn't get it to work either.

Looks like I will probably be getting a different phone.

What a shame...it seems that there is always a reason they bork LG's software .

greymarketman

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with AT&T mobility 3rd tier support. They remotely connected to my phone and couldn't get it to work either.

Looks like I will probably be getting a different phone.

What a shame...it seems that there is always a reason they bork LG's software .

They gave you a new V10 just because they cannot find a way to get to recovery mode? Anyway I cannot get to recovery mode too.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
They gave you a new V10 just because they cannot find a way to get to recovery mode? Anyway I cannot get to recovery mode too.
That and the Bluetooth not streaming in my 2015 Chevy High County..

The problem still remains.. They crippled the phone on purpose..