What would cause this? My battery life has been horrible today and now i notice my power button is real hot to the touch

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2016 08:13 PM
    The Snapdragon 808 and Adreno GPU are located literally just under the rear button and camera hump, sealed off by metal plates. If the CPU heats up, chances are the power button will too.

Fortunately it isn't a problem though if it gets extremely hot to the point where you can't use it or if it kills the fingerprint sensor somehow with the heat, then it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Posted via an LG V10
    05-25-2016 08:32 PM
    Bad cellular signal is the most common overheating for me. Other than that, rouge app? Look at your battery usage. Post it too.
    robinhelenehebert likes this.
    05-25-2016 08:33 PM
    Bad cellular signal is the most common overheating for me. Other than that, rouge app? Look at your battery usage. Post it too.
    Hmm ok that makes sense. When i noticed it i was on my back patio and had a real poor wifi signal

05-25-2016 10:00 PM
    Yep my phone got really hot to the touch when I was in a bad cellular area
    05-25-2016 10:26 PM
    What would cause this? My battery life has been horrible today and now i notice my power button is real hot to the touch

I had that issue too. I ended up doing a factory reset and setting it up as a new device (without restoring from backup). I know it's a pain to do that but now my phone is like a brand new device. Great battery life and doesn't heat up even here at work on the very edge of a signal where it's always searching.It's really nice to get a full work day out of a battery for a change. Might be worth a try for you.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    05-26-2016 08:30 AM
    The only time my phone gets hot there is with the GPS running for 25-30 minutes, screen brightness cranked to 100 on a warm-ish day in a warm car. Phone temperature is around 96-97 F in that usage scenario.

It never gets even close to that kind of temp, just sitting idle.
    05-26-2016 04:16 PM
    Check your battery usage, theres probably something chugging and churning in the background.
    05-26-2016 04:33 PM
    I had that issue too. I ended up doing a factory reset and setting it up as a new device (without restoring from backup). I know it's a pain to do that but now my phone is like a brand new device. Great battery life and doesn't heat up even here at work on the very edge of a signal where it's always searching.It's really nice to get a full work day out of a battery for a change. Might be worth a try for you.
    But if you set it up as a new device and dont restore aren't you losing your pics and apps?

05-26-2016 05:40 PM
    But if you set it up as a new device and dont restore aren't you losing your pics and apps?

My pics are backed up on several cloud services and I just re-dowloaded all the apps myself. That was the part that was a pain. Took awhile to download them all but it was worth it to fix the issues on my phone. Phone is awesome now!
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    05-27-2016 10:20 AM