So I am having some trouble with my LG V10 I purchased in January. As this is my first Android phone, I am a little out of my element and looking for some help.
    The Situation: I had a fair amount of apps installed. 6 email accounts (5 manual sync, 1 push) Facebook, Twitter, and linkedin for social. If I let my phone sit for 8 hours unused, I was between 8% and 10% an hour of battery usage. I was using apps like greenify and other task manager apps to remove unwanted background apps. Cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth were the only radios on. The only Google stuff syncing was apps, contacts, and chrome.
    What I have done: I did a factory reset as this started shortly after I pulled the MM trigger (I am on the Verizon Marshmallow release) and was still at roughly 6% /hr burn with no usage. This was with zero emails and social networks setup. I started getting drastic. First, I turned on airplane mode. I deleted every app I could. Verizon cloud, Verizon protection, Verizon Message+, LG Fitness App, Amazon Apps, Google Music, Google Video, Google App, and a couple handful of others. I turned off the second screen when the main was off. That got me to 5% /hr burn.
    So I thought to myself, maybe it is the user interface, launcher, or some other hidden process, so I shut my phone off and let it sit for a few hours. I turned it on, and to my surprise, I was burning battery at roughly 4.5% /hr.
    Last step…so I thought the batter had developed a short. Used my second battery on the same tests above, confirmed. So today while I was at work, I had no battery in the phone. When I came home 9 hrs later, popped the battery in and it had the same charge as when I left for work.
    So where I am at I see one of two problems causing my issues
    1.) A software FUBAR. I am hoping there is a way I can do a total reflash. Basically the equivalent of reformat the HDD and reinstall fresh.
    2.) A hardware short.
    Obviously I am hoping it is the former, as the latter involves working with Verizon/LG.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, or pointing me towards a post that solves this. I have looked but come up with bupkis.

Thank You.
    06-07-2016 10:09 PM
    I had a problem similar to this. The phone would get hot and drain rapidly just sitting on my desk. I tried factory reset and restore and it would still do the same thing. Finally I got really annoyed with it and as a last resort prior to seeking the assistance of the dreaded, painfully incompetent AT&T store, I tried yet another factory reset and this time set it up as a new phone and did no restoring of old apps/settings or backups. This seems to have worked wonders. No more overheating or rapid battery drain just sitting on my desk. It does still get a little warm with heavy use but nothing concerning like it was. Good luck to you and I hope you get this all sorted out.
    06-08-2016 08:00 AM
    I also had this problem recently. Also did a factory reset and set the phone up as a new phone. Everything is working great now with the battery.
    06-08-2016 08:31 AM
    Thank you kixfan and Calbrs04. I was hoping the factory reset would of fixed it. One question, if you turn your phone off, does it still use power like it was on? My reference point for battery usage was by BB Z10. When I would turn it off for the night it would turn on with the same level of battery 10 hrs later. I know the phone really isn't off, but the V10 uses 35-40% over the same time-frame.
    06-08-2016 10:53 AM
    I had to delete facebook it was constantly running and siphoning battery in the background. Apps like greenify didn't really do anything. FB is a constant battery drain. I imagine the other social media apps could behave similarly.

what does your battery usage screen say?... it should point out by percentage whats using what.

Airplane mode just turns off the radios, it does not throttle background running apps. FWIW I use the Gsam battery monitor app. I find it a little better and more detail revealing than the OEM battery usage feature.
    06-08-2016 11:22 AM
    The battery usage in setting usually says 13-15% for the last 3 hours. I too used Gsam and it looked to be the screen and the LG UI, google play services, and the regular systems apps. I thought the screen was weird since the main and second screens were off for those three hrs. I wish I had FB to blame, but it is not installed. It was when the phone was going at a rate of 10% an hour of screen off use.
    06-08-2016 12:17 PM