06-20-2017 08:34 AM
189 12345 ...
tools
    I had to leave mine in the freezer for the whole process. But mine took a bit of time too once it got to that screen. Can't recall how long.
    07-21-2016 03:52 PM
    Same issue here.

Happened yesterday around 2pm. Plugged my V10 into my computer (just upgraded to windows 10 if thats a relevant detail) and waited while windows detected and installed the USB drivers. About 5 seconds in and my V10 goes dark. Thought thats weird and try the power button, but get nothing. Pull the battery, reinsert, and try to power up only to get the damn LG screen boot loop.

I did some testing with having the phone plugged into the wall outlet, plugged into the computer, and not plugged in to anything to see if it made a difference. Oddly enough, when connected to my computer the phone would fully boot (slower than usual), but after about 15 seconds of have it fully loaded the phone would just turn off again (and would need a battery pull to try and turn it back on)

I tried leaving the battery out for hours, tried leaving it plugged into the wall for hours, and I tried to get into recovery mode, but it wont load.

Have not had it for a year yet so its still covered by LG. Did all the paperwork online so I printed a return label today and will be sending it in for repairs.

Frustrating..... now I'm back to my note 3 which still works flawlessly.
    07-21-2016 04:26 PM
    Seeing all these bootloop issues makes me wonder when everyone's V10 was manufactured. Mine was built in January of this year and despite image retention, works flawlessly, even Qi wireless charging works reliably though not having a 3-coil charger sucks since placement has to be at a certain position.

Posted via an LG V10
    07-21-2016 09:15 PM
    How were you able to backup to your pc? I have mine in the freezer, but I still can't get it to boot up. The cold is helping I guess. Before, when I tried to turn it on, I just got the LG logo forever. Now, I briefly get a battery showing I have 69%, then the LG logo, then the AT&T logo.
    Then it gave me a little white box that said optimizing apps. Now it has a black screen with a white box that says "Updating Android. Starting apps". It has been on that for quite a while.
    Spent 7 hours and nothing... Tried the freezer too lol... Got it to reset once but it started to loop again then nothing... Even when I plug in being off, the battery symbol freezes... It's bricked... And tmobile is pissing me off, been waiting on the replacement since Saturday
    07-21-2016 11:26 PM
    Mine was January manufactured...
    07-21-2016 11:28 PM
    How do you find the manufacture date?
    07-22-2016 08:24 AM
    Back of the phone has 01/2016

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-23-2016 01:25 AM
    Via the manufacture date on the back of the phone, the retail box it came in on, or by using any website that lets you search for IMEI listings to ensure your phone isn't blacklisted since it also tells you where the device was assembled as well as the date it was made.
    07-24-2016 07:54 AM
    Great, this just happened to me today. I've got my phone in the freeze right now. Going on vacation in the morning so this couldn't have happened at a worse time. If I can't get to boot, should I call in for an exchange with T-mobile or go to a store? I have full insurance but it hasn't been more than a year that I bought it at the T-mobile store down the road.

I just did a LG Backup, to the SD card I believe, a couple of weeks ago thinking I was about to do a full reset because of crappy battery life and performance issues since 6.0. I should be able to pop the SD card in a replacement phone and restore that okay, right?

You know, I think this same darn thing happened to me with my G3 a few years ago. That Note 7 is sounding better all the time or maybe Nexus 'Marlin' in a month or so (not a big fan of TouchWiz feature over-bloat)...

Thanks!
    08-12-2016 03:55 AM
    Update - I just checked on it in the freezer. It booted up! Just to be clear, the phone was not hot. It had not booted for hours. I had been pulling the battery getting the LG boot screen and that was it. I was letting it sit for long periods and trying again and I couldn't get past that. Couldn't get Safe-Mode, Recovery Mode, etc. I was able to get to one screen twice - the IMEI screen but it would not scroll off of it, by holding Vol Up/Dwn/Power.

In the freezer I have it doing possibly it's last backup to SD card. If back at room temp it won't boot I guess I'll bring back to T-Mobile. Hope the cold doesn't trigger a wet event on the inside sticker. It got all condensated and wet when I took it out of the freezer for even a half a minute.
    08-12-2016 04:13 AM
    Just returned mine yesterday for a warranty replacement. Working one minute, charging...then received a message, started to reply and it froze....ended up on the LG boot screen, nothing really worked in this thread, best I could get was to the Verizon boot once in a while where it would lock and return to the LG boot screen...
    08-12-2016 01:48 PM
    Well it's happened..... I woke up this morning late because my phone was dead. It was on the charger and tested the charger with another phone. Thought this was odd and after several attempts to turn in on with the power button...nothing.. I the proceeded to pull the batter and waited about 15 mons before putting it back in. Power it on and whew... it came on.. got past the LG logo, then came up the AT&T logo and then right back to the LG logo... CRAP!!!

So after several attempts to recover by trying different batteries, trying to get into the boot loader etc, I have deemed it hopeless and taking it in the AT&T store to see what they can do for me. I have insurance so hopefully they have on in stock to trade it out since I do not have a spare to switch to while waiting on a replacement.

Has anyone else had an issue with the V10 boot-looping like the G4 had?
    Can you tell me s/n
    08-21-2016 01:18 PM
    Bro can you tell me s/n
    08-21-2016 01:20 PM
    Same thing happening to me. My phone use to heat up all the time, gets really hot near the power button. When charging and using Google Maps in my car, it would stop charging and want to turn off. Right now it's stuck on the LG Life's Good powered by android screen. I can't get it to boot at all. When I get home I will try the freezer trick. My serial number starts with a 510. I hope I can save my photos and back up the phone, as I am still under warranty which is, at least, a plus. Also with ATT
    08-22-2016 01:40 PM
    Wht About Trying a Thermal Paste ? Just in case to Avoid The Heating
    08-22-2016 02:20 PM
    Bro can you tell me s/n
    Don't have the phone in questions anymore.
    08-23-2016 03:58 PM
    My local t-mobile store has already rec'vd my lgv10 replacement, but I'm holding out in desperate hope someone somewhere out there knows a way to get past the opening screen so I can save my files. Not photos, I only had like 10 on there... but text messages I need for court. I have them locked but not backed up. My phone got stuck while it was mid charge, it still charges. And so far twice in the 2 weeks since it happened it has gotten to my home screen, but that lasted all of 2 seconds. I can't soft or hard reset. It wasn't an overheating issue. It just stopped. No more LG for me.
    08-24-2016 09:02 PM
    My local t-mobile store has already rec'vd my lgv10 replacement, but I'm holding out in desperate hope someone somewhere out there knows a way to get past the opening screen so I can save my files. Not photos, I only had like 10 on there... but text messages I need for court. I have them locked but not backed up. My phone got stuck while it was mid charge, it still charges. And so far twice in the 2 weeks since it happened it has gotten to my home screen, but that lasted all of 2 seconds. I can't soft or hard reset. It wasn't an overheating issue. It just stopped. No more LG for me.
    You tried the freezer method? It's non-destructive.
    08-25-2016 06:29 AM
    Yup, my V10 did this yesterday (8-27-16)....the dreaded endless reboot. It wouldn't let me do a cache dump or factory reset until I took your advice and put it in the freezer. I went to Verizon and they claim they have not heard of this issue. They are sending a replacement overnight.....should have it by Tuesday. I purchased in Nov 2015, I'm a very heavy user. Not trusting LG at all now.....this was my first and LAST LG phone I can tell you that right now! Looks like it's back to Samsung for my next phone.
    08-28-2016 02:21 PM
    Yup, my V10 did this yesterday (8-27-16)....the dreaded endless reboot. It wouldn't let me do a cache dump or factory reset until I took your advice and put it in the freezer. I went to Verizon and they claim they have not heard of this issue. They are sending a replacement overnight.....should have it by Tuesday. I purchased in Nov 2015, I'm a very heavy user. Not trusting LG at all now.....this was my first and LAST LG phone I can tell you that right now! Looks like it's back to Samsung for my next phone.
    This is the exact situation I'm in now. Currently comparing the s7 edge and note 7. Screw LG I'm out of here.
    08-29-2016 07:41 AM
    This is very irritating for me to join this discussion as I JUST stated how this issue was one that hasn't plagued everyone and probably less of an issue than what people were making it out to be. I literally JUST defended LG on a post today and I wake up around 7 something and notice my phone on the LG Life's Good boot screen. I thought to myself that's odd. The phone went on to boot up but was exhibiting some weird behavior. I had to sign in to everything again. My calendar was blank until I signed in again. I used it for a few minutes actually and then while I was on Facebook another app started loading randomly. Then the phone shut off while I was doing something and rebooted. My V10 has been near perfect and now this. I really hate to abandon LG after such a great experience and the V20 launch right around the corner as I was planning to upgrade to that. I really have to take a step back now and reevaluate if I want to continue with LG now. In the meantime with my Jump upgrade eligibility next month I'm going to go back to using Windows Phone(ordering a Lumia 830 tonight) until the V20 launch to see if I'll get that or reluctantly and I do mean reluctantly move elsewhere. I'm actually considering....the iPhone at this point and that's just out of just wanting a device that just works. Maybe if Apple's duo camera setup on the iPhone 7 Plus is several steps forward I may get that. Or I may just get the Galaxy S7 and call it a day. I really cannot believe this happened to me too. I loved my V10 but I will not be replacing it for another one unless the issue fixes itself.
    08-29-2016 07:24 PM
    I just ordered a Lumia 830 as a backup phone and I'll be using that until I decide what to get next. If G5 owners have been having these same issues I may have to move away from LG unfortunately. I really enjoyed their offerings.
    08-29-2016 08:58 PM
    This is very irritating for me to join this discussion as I JUST stated how this issue was one that hasn't plagued everyone and probably less of an issue than what people were making it out to be. I literally JUST defended LG on a post today and I wake up around 7 something and notice my phone on the LG Life's Good boot screen. I thought to myself that's odd. The phone went on to boot up but was exhibiting some weird behavior. I had to sign in to everything again. My calendar was blank until I signed in again. I used it for a few minutes actually and then while I was on Facebook another app started loading randomly. Then the phone shut off while I was doing something and rebooted. My V10 has been near perfect and now this. I really hate to abandon LG after such a great experience and the V20 launch right around the corner as I was planning to upgrade to that. I really have to take a step back now and reevaluate if I want to continue with LG now. In the meantime with my Jump upgrade eligibility next month I'm going to go back to using Windows Phone(ordering a Lumia 830 tonight) until the V20 launch to see if I'll get that or reluctantly and I do mean reluctantly move elsewhere. I'm actually considering....the iPhone at this point and that's just out of just wanting a device that just works. Maybe if Apple's duo camera setup on the iPhone 7 Plus is several steps forward I may get that. Or I may just get the Galaxy S7 and call it a day. I really cannot believe this happened to me too. I loved my V10 but I will not be replacing it for another one unless the issue fixes itself.

I also am waiting to look into this iphone 7. I need a reliable phone for once.
    RaRa85 and anon(1733) like this.
    08-30-2016 09:19 AM
    Lol good one. Got eem. But yeah if I find this issue in the G5 thread, I will not be getting the V20 although I'm already super excited about it.smh
    anon(903870) likes this.
    08-30-2016 02:54 PM
    I know you posted this question just over a month ago, but noticed no one had responded.

When you purchase the phone through a mobile provider, whether you elect to add insurance or not, the phone has a 12-month warranty that the mobile provider typically honors. The only thing they will [B]not[B] cover is if the phone is broken, screen is cracked, or has liquid damage (any physical damage, essentially).
    08-31-2016 01:11 PM
189 12345 ...