LG V10 Bootloop

BigZorch

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the bootloop problem for the second time. First v10 replaced by ATT warranty 5 days ago. The replacement phone started bootlooping yesterday afternoon. Called ATT warranty from an ATT store and set up a replacement. get this...they were minus 19 or minus 500 replacement v10 phones in stock depending on the exact model type. Sounds like LG V10's are failing by the bucketload.

Might be a snag for LG owners on ATT. Estimated to take a week or so to get a replacement. They offered a "equal" replacement of a much lesser lg phone if I didnt want to wait,

I have little confidence that the next replacement will solve the problem.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the bootloop problem for the second time. First v10 replaced by ATT warranty 5 days ago. The replacement phone started bootlooping yesterday afternoon. Called ATT warranty from an ATT store and set up a replacement. get this...they were minus 19 or minus 500 replacement v10 phones in stock depending on the exact model type. Sounds like LG V10's are failing by the bucketload.

Might be a snag for LG owners on ATT. Estimated to take a week or so to get a replacement. They offered a "equal" replacement of a much lesser lg phone if I didnt want to wait,

I have little confidence that the next replacement will solve the problem.

Youre probably correct. Im also on ATT and just last week I got my SECOND replacement V10.

First one did a boot loop. Second I couldnt turn on WIFI at all. If I did the phone would connect and disconnect until it rebooted itself. So here I am with my third V10. Wish me luck!

yaya221

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
This happened to me, but I'm afraid that I am SOL because after it started doing this, I dropped my phone and now the screen is cracked. So even though its a bootloop issue, I feel like it wont be covered under warranty due to the crack. I tried to take it to Verizon first and even though I told the guy the crack came after the fact, he told me well the crack could compromise the phone and how it functions. Ugh! I hate that I paid $600 for this phone and haven't had it for a full year and now its just a "paperweight". I have no clue if I should even bother contacting LG because I had a horrible customer experience with them before when my Bluetooth headset stopped working from one headphone while under warranty.

Protostar56383

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Youre probably correct. Im also on ATT and just last week I got my SECOND replacement V10.

First one did a boot loop. Second I couldnt turn on WIFI at all. If I did the phone would connect and disconnect until it rebooted itself. So here I am with my third V10. Wish me luck!

After a few replacements of the same make/model failing for the same reason (3 or more orders) you can request a different make and model. They will generally do it. I work android tech support/warranty.

dynastorm

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
so is there anyway to prevent this from happening? is there something that is in common with everyone that has the bootloop issue? like does using the finger print scanner cause the issue? could that be the common denominator?

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
so is there anyway to prevent this from happening? is there something that is in common with everyone that has the bootloop issue? like does using the finger print scanner cause the issue? could that be the common denominator?

Man I was sitting in Mcdonalds eating breakfast reading something in Google Chrome when my phone just shut off on its own. Never any other problems. The phone is just built bad.

Brittany Willis

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Were you able to back up while the phone was in boot loop? On the LG screen? Mine would not go past that and the t-mobile store said they couldn't reset it. I lost 1000's of photos that I just want back!

Seems the issue with mine was heat related. Once it got to a certain temp it would wig out and start going through the boot-loop. The heat was coming from around the FPS/volume buttons.

I was actually able to get around the heat issue and get a back up done by putting it in the freezer to keep cool enough to run. I had ran a USB cord inside to the phone and ran the backup while while it was in the freezer. That took a bit if time since I did a full back up of the phone and SD card. With the amount of time that it was in the freezer, it was cold enough for me to get a factory reset done through the boot loader after the backup wad completed. Something I was not able to get it to do while it was hot.

Hopefully this was just one off issue and it does not end up being like the G4 had.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Were you able to back up while the phone was in boot loop? On the LG screen? Mine would not go past that and the t-mobile store said they couldn't reset it. I lost 1000's of photos that I just want back!

I was in the same situation.l but only had a few in the phone I wanted back. How I got around it was to put it in the freezer and kept it there until i was able to do a back up. I left the phone in there with USB car hooked up and trailing outside and hooked up to my PC. While doing this I was luckily able to keep it cool enough to fully boot into the OS and then complete a backup.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
My friends V10 did this at work yesterday which is why I'm so nervous of getting the V20.

Has ANYONE tried contacting LG about this issue that has effected the G4, G5, and V10? I've only seen the G4 on the fix list but not the other 2. I need to know if this was solved for the V20 and also why hasn't it been fixed for others?

I've tried many many times to ask about this on many of LG's mobile Facebook page but they continue to reply to others but IGNORE mine. Anyone have answers on this?

Brittany Willis

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I am about to go get my phone back from tmobile store so I can try this. My concern now is that if I put it in the freezer, will the phones water damage sticker turn red? I'm trying to figure out the best plan to back up my photos if the freezer trick works and my phone turns on. Any tips?
Keeping in mind, I don't have WiFi at home and I already have a new phone with working Sim card.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am about to go get my phone back from tmobile store so I can try this. My concern now is that if I put it in the freezer, will the phones water damage sticker turn red? I'm trying to figure out the best plan to back up my photos if the freezer trick works and my phone turns on. Any tips?
Keeping in mind, I don't have WiFi at home and I already have a new phone with working Sim card.

When I did it, it did not run the water damage sticker red/pink at all. But please be aware that if you do this you are doing it on your own accord and are liable for your own actions. Yes, I did it myself and had not issues.

If you decide to proceed and assuming your new device is also a V10 that you will be restoring to:

1) Make sure you LG Bridge installed on your PC.
2) Put phone in freezer for at least 10 Mins. Might be a good idea to wrap it loosely in a light towel to ensure low moister build up. I didn't do this but if you want to be extra cautions..
3) Power the device up and see if your device will start up and get past the LG and Carrier screens. Leave the device in the freezer while you do this to keep it cool.
4) If you get past step three, while leaving the phone in the freezer, hook it up to you PC, then follow the prompt to set the proper USB setting on your phone. Once you establish a connection then begin the backup process. If you are only concerned about the pictures on your phone only (not on your SD card.) then select to back up your "Internal" Media. You can select a full back up if you want but you only mentioned the pictures so I only mention it here.

NOTE: Because your phone will be colder and NOT and normal operating temperature, the back up process may take longer than expected to complete. Have patience!

5) Once the back up is complete, you can take it out of the freezer and shut the power off.
6) Again assuming that you new device is a V10, hook it up to your PC and do a restore to your new phone.

If your new device it not a V10, then you can follow the same steps above for the freezer and use the USB Media settings from the USB setting and then copy and paste the files from your phone to your PC.

Hope this helps.

Brittany Willis

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
All I have to say is THANK YOU!! I went and got my phone from t-mobile and I tried the freezer trick and it worked!!! I was able to get everything off my phone using the smart share! I'm just so happy and I appreciate your help thank you so much

Nurselife

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I got this phone Dec.2015 , It ran smoothly with minor issues UNTIL . It
started with the battery not lasting as long as it used to then the
heating up of the phone when charging or running a music app . then it
started freezing usually when texting and then the FINALLY it randomly
turned off never to be turned on again ! ! I did not have many apps .
installed 20 or less was an average user or less than and I was in an
app . set it down came back 2 minutes later it was off I tried turning
it on and got the LG " Life's Good " screen then it shut off. Tried
again only to see the same screen then go black then the same start up
screen then it shut off . I only tried LG because of the removable
battery and the expandable memory. So It is under warranty however it's on backorder for 7 days ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Could it be possibly because of this problem ? I asked several customer service reps . but of course it could be a variable of things . Last month my son who has the LG G4 phone since October experienced the exact same issue he was in call with Bluetooth when the phone turned off and would only turn on and go through the loop. This was my first time using an LG phone and my last after this warranty replacement .

greymarketman

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone get bootloop right after recent patch or update of V10 official rom? One of my friends told me he applies the patch or update then the phone is so hot and slow. I receive one patch and one upgrade over wifi notice but I am not brave enough to apply.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list of bootloopers... Mine died this morning after I texted a co-worker. Verizon is overnighting me a replacement. So frustrating.

roninlb

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This is the reason I'm going back to a Nexus device. I never had a problem with a Nexus device, decided to give this phone a shot and yesterday it happened to me. I just got a cheap phone through the T-Mobile Jump program until the new Nexus/Pixel is available.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
This is the reason I'm going back to a Nexus device. I never had a problem with a Nexus device, decided to give this phone a shot and yesterday it happened to me. I just got a cheap phone through the T-Mobile Jump program until the new Nexus/Pixel is available.
Yeah I agree. I'm staying with Google and upgrading my Nexus 5 to the Pixel XL when released. To have a company like LG who WON'T address the issue in these phones or even write me back in messages and email is just uncalled for. I can't trust the V20 even though it looks to be an awesome phone.

huskerfan431

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey CountryDevil,

I tried your freezer trick, but would like to know how you backup the phone. Did you use some app, or is it something that comes with the LG phone. My wife's phone did the same thing starting last night. I can boot it up but will not stay booted up unless I leave it in the freezer.

Thanks,

Huskerfan

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my replacement today. Same revision as before. Seriously, what assurance do I have that this one won't fail too? By all reason, it should. Right? It's just a matter of time. My old one was about 6 months old. So frustrating when there's no acknowledgment that the issue is being fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power