06-20-2017 08:34 AM
189 ... 5678
tools
    Sent mine in a week ago with the bootloop issue. Received an e-mail yesterday saying out of warranty repair cost 72 dollars. She claims there is no extended warranty. 12 months from build date. Asked for a supervisor and was put on hold then dropped. Build date 10/15. Received date 12/15.
    Yep. I got the same message. Out of warranty fix = $72.
    02-07-2017 04:47 PM
    You said you've only had the phone since Nov 16. So you must not be the original owner since you've only had it a few months. I got mine mid Nov 15 and it was repaired and replaced under warranty on 1/20/2017. I didn't call. I just went to their mobile repair website and then shipped it hoping for the best.

Edited to fix typo
    Sorry. That was supposed to be Nov 2015.
    02-07-2017 10:36 PM
    Yep. I got the same message. Out of warranty fix = $72.
    Wow,i must have just made it under the wire. Though I know my build date was 10/15 and I bought it 11/15. So they definitely went past 12 months. Curious, did you specifically use the word bootloop in description. Maybe they've extended the warranty for just that specific problem.
    02-07-2017 11:34 PM
    I urge everyone to go over to LG.com and write a review on the phone. Make sure we are documenting this on a place that will get the most attention from LG, their own page. Make sure their customers can see what is being sold to them, not only in device but in customer service and standing behind their product.
    02-08-2017 07:40 AM
    I would be very, very happy to do that.

You have heard my story, right?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...air-story.html
    02-08-2017 12:31 PM
    Yes, I read your story. I am reading everything I can about this. Unfortunately, I am not having such a good experience.
    I have been without a phone for three days now and LG is just shrugging their shoulders and going, oh well. Too bad for you. Give us money.
    02-08-2017 03:17 PM
    I had a wonderfully working LG V10 with no blemishes... I had bought a second battery with charging cradle too.. Off late I was seeing that the battery life was getting worse and wouldn't even hold for a full day. Suddenly one day last week, the phone went it to a boot loop. I don't know what caused it but it wouldn't boot up. I somehow managed to go into recovery and tried every possible option but no luck. Sent it to LG for repair and they replied me with 72$ + tax for the repair... To fully refurbish the phone will cost 189$ it seems.. I had bought the phone on nov 27th 2015 and the manufactured date was october 2015. As per LG warranty, it's covered for 12 months from purchase date or 15 months from Manufactured date which took me only till January. So i'm out of luck by one month. I'm not sure if I want to pay 75$ to get the phone fixed. The main reason for this is that I previously had a LG G2 (prior to my V10) which had similar hardware issues and I had to send the phone back 4 times to get it fixed properly. It was my mistake to go back to LG again after my first experience .. Did anyone get it fixed for 72$ and is it working fine after that?

note: I spoke to Supervisor and also a LG customer care but no use.. they are sticking to the warranty.. I spoke with verizon wireless who are acknowledging that a few people have called about the bootloop issue. Their offer is 149$ for a refurbished V10 or pay-off the old phone and get a new one (as if I didn't know that already)..
    02-09-2017 02:32 PM
    .. Did anyone get it fixed for 72$ and is it working fine after that?
    There have been several people who have commented that theirs was repaired under warranty for the same problem and has worked well ( me included). Of course it's probably to early to tell if the bootloop will raise its ugly head again.

Also, can you get another phone for under $100 that will be as good as your v10 repaired?
    02-09-2017 07:41 PM
    There have been several people who have commented that theirs was repaired under warranty for the same problem and has worked well ( me included). Of course it's probably to early to tell if the bootloop will raise its ugly head again.

Also, can you get another phone for under $100 that will be as good as your v10 repaired?
    I don't think I will get a top model phone for $100 but I would instead take the 150$ offer from Verizon for a refurbished V10.. I paid the 75$ to LG and I'm trying to get it via my credit card extended warranty program. Not sure if they will acknowledge it but hey i paid the taxes on the 700$ when I bought the phone using the credit card and the monthly payment for the phone is also going via the creditcard.. So they better honor something..
    02-10-2017 12:17 PM
    Mine went out to LG on Friday. I fought with them all week and eventually gave up. It's not that this will be a huge amount to fix. The cost is relatively low. It's that they know this is an issue and won't stand up and do the right thing. I went and looked at other phones, trying to decide on getting g something new and walking away from LG. I like too many of the good features LG has. Not sure I like any of the other phones out there right now, not even the V20. Why did they abandon the back buttons design? It made them unique and it's something I've grown to like a lot.
    02-12-2017 09:44 PM
    Mine went out to LG on Friday. I fought with them all week and eventually gave up. It's not that this will be a huge amount to fix. The cost is relatively low. It's that they know this is an issue and won't stand up and do the right thing. I went and looked at other phones, trying to decide on getting g something new and walking away from LG. I like too many of the good features LG has. Not sure I like any of the other phones out there right now, not even the V20. Why did they abandon the back buttons design? It made them unique and it's something I've grown to like a lot.
    Fyi, I read the other day that a class action lawsuit was being filed against lg regarding this bootloop problem.
    02-12-2017 10:01 PM
    Fyi, I read the other day that a class action lawsuit was being filed against lg regarding this bootloop problem.
    Sign me up!
    02-12-2017 10:20 PM
    https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...ooping-defect/

The LG V10 Smartphone Bootloop Defect Class Action Lawsuit is Oscar Herrera v. LG Electronics USA Inc., et al., Case No. 2:17-cv-01039, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
    02-13-2017 12:14 PM
    Maybe they will actually take some notice and fix the issues.
    Mine was delivered to LG yesterday morning.
    02-14-2017 10:58 AM
    Happened to me last week. Got it to reboot once, then half way, then logo and nothing else. Fortunately I kept all of my files and pics on the SD card. Got mine in November of 2015, so it was beyond the one year warranty. Checked with LG and they have extended the warranty 3 months, but that was from the build date, not purchase date....missed it by three weeks, thanks for nothing. I do have it under a Square Trade 3 yr warranty, and they have it now. Sent it out late last week, they received it yesterday and looked at it and approved the repair today. Should get it back next week...I hope. Hopefully it will be in good working order and just have to worry about settings and apps. Will probably be the last LG I own, and the last "flagship" I get. Too much money for something that seem just as reliable, or not, as a phone that would cost half as much.... There is no excuse.
    Got my V10 back from SquareTrade in less than a week. I had mentioned to them that I also had the screen burn / retention issue some have reported, but the main focus of the claim was on the bootloop. The day after I got it back I called them again. They said it was mentioned, but was vaguely mentioned on their notes. They then approved a screen replacement at no additional cost to me, sent me a box, I sent it in and got it back again in under a week. I think they just put the guts into new screen and frame, it had tape on the side rails and black tape over the LG logo at the bottom. I added my one star review to the LG site, for what good it will do, and I'll keep an eye on that class action suit. I half expected getting it repaired would turn into a hassle based on stories I read and was preparing to pay it off and get the Moto Z Play deal Verizon had going on. I only stick with them because coverage and reception is better than the competition around here.

Crossing my fingers that it will last until it is paid off, which should be right in time for a Black Friday deal in November. A deal that will not be a LG.
    02-17-2017 11:14 PM
    i got mine back on thursday evening. The phone works fine and the battery seems to last more than it used to before. I'm trying to get the repair cost through my chase freedom extended warranty. I do think it's the manufacturer issue that this seems to be happening to a lot of people around the 12-15th month after purchase. For a 700$ + phone, this is really unacceptable. This is my last LG phone. I got the LG G2 and LG V10 as my last two phones. My wife got the S4 and S6 edge plus at the same time and her usage is almost the same usage as mine.. She never ran into any of these hardware issues that i've had.
    02-20-2017 11:58 AM
    Over the weekend, I saw a solid day and a half on a charge.

It does seem that battery life overall is stronger.
    02-20-2017 07:22 PM
    Well, LG received my V10 on 2/15. I paid for the repairs the next day. Since then it has said it will take 6 days. They have had my phone for over a week now and it hasn't moved from the 6 day estimate in all that time.
    02-23-2017 10:43 AM
    I purchased my LG V10 in October 2015. Bootloop problem popped late January this year. So I was well out of warranty. I got a LG K10 in the mean time. I shipped it to be repaired last week. Got my V10 back this week. Although the repair cost sucks, I'm happy to be back to my V10 after using the lower tier phone a few weeks. Not ready to give up on LG yet. I used Samsung for years, but came to LG mostly for the replaceable battery and expandable memory.
    02-23-2017 12:30 PM
    Hi. So I am not as lucky as you. I did not back up my pictures or anything. i just didn't know how. So can you tell me exactly how to back up my data if I can get my phone to turn on in my freezer? I am sick thinking about the pictures I may have lost. thank-you for your response, help and knowledge of LG V10 back up to my SD card.
    02-26-2017 01:46 PM
    Still waiting.
    02-26-2017 09:19 PM
    I paid for repair on the 17th. They called my wife on the 23rd to see if they had permission to repair the phone. What did they think the payment was for? A preset because I like them?
    02-26-2017 09:20 PM
    I paid for repair on the 17th. They called my wife on the 23rd to see if they had permission to repair the phone. What did they think the payment was for? A preset because I like them?
    Hey what are the repair costs going for?
    03-05-2017 09:21 AM
    I had the boot loop issue with my wife's LG V10. We tried many things. To no avail. I heard that putting the phone in a cold environment could get it to boot up. I tried that and it worked for just a few minutes, then back to the loop. My wife called Verizon and luckily the phone is still under warranty. They will send us another (soon to loop) phone.

But all of my wife's pictures and videos are on the phone. While we were talking to the Verizon rep I hadn't noticed that the phone had been left on the couch under a blanket still on and looping. I felt the phone and it was hot. I took the battery out. The rep asked me to turn the phone on so she could try something. The phone was still hot but I put the battery back in. When I hit the power button it turned on like normal. After a minute or two it went back to looping. This gave me an idea. I took the battery out and put the phone near our wood stove. I let the phone heat up to about 110°f, stuck the battery in and powered it up. I left the phone close to the stove so as to keep it hot 110°f - 120°f. The phone booted up fine, I moved everything I could to the SD card, and blue toothed what I could out. It stayed on for about 45 minutes. When finished, I moved the phone away from the heat. As soon as the phone cooled down some, it went back to the loop.

This can buy you time to get stuff out of your device. But it's not a permanent fix.
    03-11-2017 08:26 PM
    Your heating method is the exact opposite of the freezer technique that has been mentioned 100's of times on various forums as a temporary fix for bootloop.

What is LG charging to repair bootlooped V10's? Mine is fine but almost out of warranty.
    Randy Ohio likes this.
    03-13-2017 02:24 PM
189 ... 5678