I stumbled upon a few random articles regarding burn in and closed my tabs which navigated me to the default grey screen when there are no tabs open in Chrome. Sure enough, I saw a ghosted image of XDA's mobile interface. Kinda panicked and set the phone down for a few minutes only to find what I thought was burn in disappear.

Read up on what it was and it's just image retention, apparently a common sight for IPS LCD displays due to the nature of the display itself, especially when the display is at a high brightness. The problem is this occurs to my V10 in just a few minutes at 0% brightness, easily seen with icons in the status bar, the M for AM/PM being seen on a grey background. Kinda stumped on what to do so input would be kindly appreciated.

Posted via an LG V10
    06-13-2016 01:01 AM
    Here's a photo of the retention. It affects the entire screen for me but is most apparent with status bar icons and the time on the right. Haven't seen it affect the entire status bar yet however.

Posted via an LG V10
    Attached Thumbnails Image retention. What do?-25190.jpg  
    06-14-2016 10:10 AM
    Ah yes. I recently replied to one of your posts earlier. But to reiterate, I've replaced the LCD/Digitizer on my phone twice, getting ready for a third. First time replacing was because of image retention. Second screen did have image retention but it took a lot longer to show up and it was during higher brightness. That LCD ended up getting shattered though. Third screen is the same as the second retention wise, but there's a few hairline cracks due to drops so I plan on replacing it again. I'll let you know how the new screen is.
    07-05-2016 10:58 AM
    Ah yes. I recently replied to one of your posts earlier. But to reiterate, I've replaced the LCD/Digitizer on my phone twice, getting ready for a third. First time replacing was because of image retention. Second screen did have image retention but it took a lot longer to show up and it was during higher brightness. That LCD ended up getting shattered though. Third screen is the same as the second retention wise, but there's a few hairline cracks due to drops so I plan on replacing it again. I'll let you know how the new screen is.
    Ah, okay just read the aforementioned reply from you and huh, the only conclusion I can formulate from this is that the V10, has retention issues because of the display tech, the reason why the LG G4 also has these issues. The only differentiating factor in this is how long each display takes before retention seats in. Also, upon closer inspection with a grey background on the display in fullscreen, there seems to be a "discoloring" throughout the entire screen except for the last millimeter before the black display bezel on each side of the display where the color seems to be normal.

Posted via an LG V10
    07-05-2016 07:35 PM
    Hey I am facing the same problem in Moto G4 plus which is having the lgd display panel so now the company is replacing it with BOE display panel so should I replace it because they are gonna opened up my Device and what are the chances that i might not face the same problem again in the future?? Please help
    01-13-2017 06:22 AM