Not sure I like this phone

jwatson77

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted to like this phone. But they battery live is HORRIBLE. I've only had it 2 days and there is notable lag as well. It heats up all the time. I'm thinking of returning it for the droid turbo 2 since it's battery is supposed to be good. Thoughts?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That or you may have a bad unit. Nothing wrong with trying something and finding out it's not for you though.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The OS needs a few days to optimize itself to the user tendencies, and thats after any software updates from the carrier. By default the OS is set up to maximize everything and provide the richest cellular experience for the end user. Its up to the user to dial back those options that are not really needed. With replace-able batteries on tap, there are those who don't mind the battery consumption.

My first suggestion would be to dim the screen or use the auto-brightness setting. I have found this phone on MM to be excessively bright under anything but high-noon direct sunlight, where its cranked screen output is perfect for me.

Second suggestion would be to turn off the cellular radio whenever you are under a wifi or when cellular signals are weak. Its an un-needed battery burn that I would be doing on any cell phone.

The battery usage app/function is there for a reason... make use of it.

Delete, uninstall or at least deactivate and restrict access for any bloat-ware you can... that crap is evil.

That being said, this phone absolutely is no battery-champ... until you get yourself a backup battery or two.

Last edited:

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
A friendly advice to "jwatson77 and other users" that ask questions
in AC-Forums. Display the correct Phone name if possible the
company who make it too. As New member I'm clueless
with some questions, without enough information :)

Now that you said "I think of returning & get a Droid Turbo 2"..
I typed the Droid Turbo 2 in Google bar and it came with
the result-That is made it by Motorola the Pioneer
of the Cellphones. Do you guys agree on that.?

Finally without put down other Phone makers. When it comes
to select an Android-phone and without promote brands
the SamsungPhones it has the upper hand, followed
by HTC and Nexus. But No doubt the final choice
is Up to the user. Search before buy..SeeYou!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It may take your specific device a few days to "get into shape," so to speak. The battery has to adjust itself and that may take a few days. Hopefully in a few days' time, your battery will begin to work at its optimum level and things will improve.

However, it may very well be that your unit is defective. Or even if it starts working great, there's no shame in taking it back and getting another phone. :)

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

Posted via the Android Central App

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
A charging cradle and spare battery is $20 shipped directly from LG. You can get the cradle and two batteries for $35 shipped.

Decent solution. The 808 isn't an efficient processor, sadly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon