06-20-2017 09:23 PM
119 ... 2345
tools
    How do you do a backup when it won't turn on?
    02-15-2017 11:28 AM
    How do you do a backup when it won't turn on?
    You can't.
    02-15-2017 01:51 PM
    If you really want to backup the phone which has bootloop issue, put your phone into a freezer with a ziploc bag and wait 5 mins. You may have a chance to turn your phone on and stay running for 10 mins, which is enough for backup process.

I have used this method and sucessfully backup everything. I did not invent this method, just google it and you will see there are a lot people sharing their success story.

The theory behind this is to shrink the microcrack of the soldering joint and make the flux flow again.
    Before sending your phone for repair, make sure you take a picture of the water damage sensor, it is right next to the battery connector. If it is pink or red, you can forget sending the phone for repair.

There should be no damage to the phone by putting it into freezer. I send my phone back for repair and they examine it and do not blame me anything. And I got full store credit back for the phone after 8 months of use.
    02-15-2017 09:23 PM
    The date on battery is for the battery and not for the phone.
    That whole "15 months" thing is an urban legend that came from out of nowhere.
    Very simple. All you have to do is take out the battery and look at the label, AND YOU'LL SEE THE DATE.
    The manufacture date of the phone is on the serial number. And first digit indicate the year, second and third digit indicate the month. My battery and my phone has 4 months difference in manufacture date.

LG provide warranty for
    1. 12 months within date of purchase or
    2. 15 months within manufacture date.

It state clear when you sign up the repair, you can also confirm it with LG customer service through their live chat.
    02-15-2017 09:29 PM
    The theory behind this is to shrink the microcrack of the soldering joint and make the flux flow again.
    Um, no, that's not a true statement at all.
    02-16-2017 08:36 AM
    I do not invent this method and do not invent this theory. It is on xda forum g4 page.

State your theory then.
    02-16-2017 05:25 PM
    ummmmmm.....it's not "theory".

Regardless of where you got it, that's not a true statement at all.
    02-16-2017 08:15 PM
    same is the case with me sir
    i dont know it was working fine but now same situation as yours
    02-19-2017 12:07 PM
    I did the freezer thing for days. It does not work. I barely got 20 seconds out of it. Doesn't turn on. Even inside the freezer.
    02-22-2017 09:34 AM
    I have the same problem with my tmobile lg v 10 while playing candy crush jelly saga science it self rebooted after crashing I have this same problem how do I fix this
    02-22-2017 03:15 PM
    I have the same problem with my tmobile lg v 10 while playing candy crush jelly saga science it self rebooted after crashing I have this same problem how do I fix this
    If the phone isn't able to turn on you'll need to have it repaired. Sorry to hear about it. If under warranty, it can either be repaired from your carrier or LG directly. If your phone is in nice shape (screen not scratched up, etc.) I suggest using LG for repair since you'll get your phone back instead of a refurb.
    02-24-2017 11:35 AM
    The worst thing finally happened to me. "Boot Loop" of death. I didn't know this is a known issue until this happened to me and made researched about this.
    I love this phone but now making me hate this! Bought this device last November 2015 and I don't have extended warranty and its over a year now. Would LG repair my phone for free if I send this to them?
    03-14-2017 02:14 AM
    Mine did the very same thing!! I have lost alot of work and pictures because of it. AT&T insurance wants to replace it with a phone that doesn't have the memory or the photo capabilities! I am furious!
    03-19-2017 08:15 PM
    Be prepared to pay $72 (if out of warranty) for LG to repair it.
    03-20-2017 08:43 AM
    I would scream bloody murder since it is a known issue, BUT $72 is reasonable and less than the cost of insurance premium to protect the phone. I think LG is just trying to break even.
    03-21-2017 10:33 AM
    Once it's fixed is everything still on your phone or is it reset?
    03-23-2017 09:34 PM
    The main memory ssd is always trashed when repaired for bootloop issue. There are no exceptions.
    03-24-2017 09:44 AM
    Everything on the phone is wiped. It will be as if you just bought the phone brand spanking new.
    03-25-2017 07:31 PM
    I have no idea, but just a suspicion from when my son's G4 was recently sent in for repairs. It was 14 months old and TMo wouldn't do anything. Sent it into LG with online claim. In addition to the bootloader, it had a cracked lens on the camera. When they received it, the status was updated to being repaired. By the end of the day it had been shipped back. Stated Repair was flash memory. Zero cost!!! When we received it back, the cracked lens had been repaired too. My question has always been, do they fix them that quickly, OR, it sure would be quicker to print a new sticker with the old number, put it in the battery compartment of a totally different phone, and be done? You would never know the difference. The phone had been in a case with a screen protector since day one. But that returned phone looked brand new!
    03-26-2017 08:57 AM
    Hi, all! Usually joining a club is a good thing. Not in this case however!!! After a year and a bit, my freaking V10 got stuck in the boot scream like I read so many times online. The damn thing kept reseting, trying to turn on but wasn't able to and kept looping the same process. Can't fault its efford.......?!!!

Anyway, I left the phone cool down and occasionally, I was able to power up but as soon as it did, it hung and reset, then you guess it! Boot loop again. I was able to enter factory reset mode, but I didn't want to wipe my data and there's no guarantee that'd work.

Anyway, I search the net, and found an article saying LG admited, the boot loop was caused by poor connection between components. So basically intermittent!!! Also found someone claiming to have fixed it by using a heat gun to heat up the IC.

So, I took the phone apart, as my phone ran out of warrenty, just a freaking month ago! Took out the motherboard and stuck it into the oven, baked it for about 5 minutes, using 180-200 degree. Reassemble! Voila! My phone came back to life. I was able to power up and use it like normal. I immediately backed up my phone using LG backup, which I left it to work while I went to bed. The good thing is, the phone is still working normally today, although it did reset once this morning but it booted back up. So far so good! Fingers crossed! So if anyone having this same issue. Don't go throwing it away just yet.
    03-27-2017 06:01 AM
    Hi, all! Usually joining a club is a good thing. Not in this case however!!! After a year and a bit, my freaking V10 got stuck in the boot scream like I read so many times online. The damn thing kept reseting, trying to turn on but wasn't able to and kept looping the same process. Can't fault its efford.......?!!!

Anyway, I left the phone cool down and occasionally, I was able to power up but as soon as it did, it hung and reset, then you guess it! Boot loop again. I was able to enter factory reset mode, but I didn't want to wipe my data and there's no guarantee that'd work.

Anyway, I search the net, and found an article saying LG admited, the boot loop was caused by poor connection between components. So basically intermittent!!! Also found someone claiming to have fixed it by using a heat gun to heat up the IC.

So, I took the phone apart, as my phone ran out of warrenty, just a freaking month ago! Took out the motherboard and stuck it into the oven, baked it for about 5 minutes, using 180-200 degree. Reassemble! Voila! My phone came back to life. I was able to power up and use it like normal. I immediately backed up my phone using LG backup, which I left it to work while I went to bed. The good thing is, the phone is still working normally today, although it did reset once this morning but it booted back up. So far so good! Fingers crossed! So if anyone having this same issue. Don't go throwing it away just yet.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, but this is horrible advice. If your phone is a month out of warranty (or even more) there is an excellent chance that LG would repair it for free, like many have mentioned here. It is a widely known issue. If you need data from the main memory, the freezer method is non-destructive and sometimes works. What you are suggesting (seen it on XDA) is often destructive and I doubt LG would repair a half baked phone. The baking method is only good for the fun of it or if the phone is clearly beyond factory repair as an option for some reason.
    03-27-2017 12:33 PM
    No, not trolling! Out here, getting them to fix an out of warrenty product? Not a chance. No this is not destructive. The IR soldering station uses around 280 degree so using 180-200 is very save.
    Anyway, I've been using the phone for a couple of days and it has reseted a couple times. I've baked it a couple of times. Seems to work for a half of day or so. So haven't really solve the problem.
    Hey, I'm only sharing my experience. You should be able to judge whether it's save for you or not.
    03-27-2017 10:01 PM
    My question has always been, do they fix them that quickly, OR, it sure would be quicker to print a new sticker with the old number, put it in the battery compartment of a totally different phone, and be done? You would never know the difference. The phone had been in a case with a screen protector since day one. But that returned phone looked brand new!
    I had a tempered glass screen protector on mine and it was returned with the tempered glass protector on it. They aren't sending out new phones.
    03-28-2017 02:13 PM
    Put phone in freezer for 15 mins... Turn on and do a backup without taking it out
    My V10 just started to have this issue today.

I did put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.

It was able to pass LG logo and got to AT & T logo.

Then it looped back to LG logo, then went to black screen.

Anything other suggestions?
    03-28-2017 04:01 PM
    My V10 just started to have this issue today.

I did put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.

It was able to pass LG logo and got to AT & T logo.

Then it looped back to LG logo, then went to black screen.

Anything other suggestions?

Is your goal to fix it for good or to just get your data back from the main memory? Is it under warranty or did you every have it under warranty where you live?
    03-29-2017 01:15 PM
119 ... 2345