LG V10 stuck on "Life's Good" screen but won't turn on

A

AC Question

My phone froze earlier then shut itself down. If I remove the battery for a minute I can hold the power button down and get the initial vibrate, followed by the "Life's Good" screen, but then it goes black. A few seconds later the same screen may or may not come back on. If it does come back, the process just repeats... black screen-Lifes Good-black screen-Lifes Good-black screen.... In any case, it goes no further in the start up process. I tried to do a hard reset, but can't get past the Life's Good even holding the correct buttons.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My phone froze earlier then shut itself down. If I remove the battery for a minute I can hold the power button down and get the initial vibrate, followed by the "Life's Good" screen, but then it goes black. A few seconds later the same screen may or may not come back on. If it does come back, the process just repeats... black screen-Lifes Good-black screen-Lifes Good-black screen.... In any case, it goes no further in the start up process. I tried to do a hard reset, but can't get past the Life's Good even holding the correct buttons.
Which carrier are you on?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Assuming the phone is not rooted, remove the battery, replace and if it doesn't turn on the phone is toast.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Wow... It's really scary to own any LG phone these days. I was thinking in replacing my LG G3 with either a G4 or V10... But these two are having manufacturing issues.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Wow... It's really scary to own any LG phone these days. I was thinking in replacing my LG G3 with either a G4 or V10... But these two are having manufacturing issues.

Sadly LG is the only option if you want a removable battery, non-glass caseback and major carrier support. (at least in north america)

My V10 locked last night for the first time, although it was a little bit after the "Life is Good" screen. I just removed the battery for a few seconds re-inserted it and it booted up fine. That's one big benefit of a removable battery... you can always just pull the plug on it.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone is doing something very similar as of today. I am PISSED. NEVER again LG.

So Im getting an oil change just browsing the internet when my phone freezes. Reboots and is now stuck on the life is good screen. You know its hilarious when your phone is fked up but the screen is telling me life is good non stop. Fk you!

joriginales

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I was using my LG V10 to just check Facebook. It restated itself and got stuck on the LG Life's Good black start up screen. I tried to do the factory reset, but it gets stuck on the option to agree to the factory reset, then restarts and again gets stuck on the black LG Life's Good start up screen all over again. I have no idea what to do. I guess I better call/email LG and use my 1 year manufactures warranty before it expires. Faaaak!!! I Love My V10.

I have the exact same issue. how did you fix it? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

irondroid

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i got it fix, all did was the same of the ps3 red light of death, remove the motherboard and find the two big black chip on the back of the motherboar, heat those up, but becarful not to heat the port that are around because they are plastic, i hope this help and i'm not responsible for any issue that this can cause, good luck

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It's a known "Boot loop" problem. Happened to me 2 months ago. You can't do anything but get it replaced under warranty.

Posted via the Android Central App

geeDawg89

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
i got it fix, all did was the same of the ps3 red light of death, remove the motherboard and find the two big black chip on the back of the motherboar, heat those up, but becarful not to heat the port that are around because they are plastic, i hope this help and i'm not responsible for any issue that this can cause, good luck

which two chips to be exact, please I'm not ready to flash the device and lose valuable media content

jarodaustin

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue; however this one was my second replacement. Now I'm having to go in for a third. Hopefully the old adage is true that the third time's the charm. This sh*t is getting really old.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue; however this one was my second replacement. Now I'm having to go in for a third. Hopefully the old adage is true that the third time's the charm. This sh*t is getting really old.

I've never had this issue. My phone used to get really hot when charging and I was trying to use it. But ever since I picked up spare batteries and charging coffins, I just charge my batteries and not my phone. Hope this helps

Sameer232323

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I just started having this issue and actually checked the lg site and there was a problem with the first batch v10's.But mine just started to **** itself so i need help.And maybe claim warranty with this import phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood