Horrible battery life. Please help!

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I am getting horrible battery life out of this phone. Literally having to charge it 3-4 times a day. The phone usb plug in the bottom of the phone has become loose from so much use. So only a couple of my many cables will even charge this phone now... I have rad some forums, I haven't exhausted everything. I am just wondering what the culprits were for other people. I suspect something just draining it quickly via some sort of sync. Or attempted sync. I have tried to turn off every push notifications I can think of. Of there is an app killer, or battery saver that is recommended that would help too. Currently trying the battery saver by avast. Not thrilled.

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I just figured out I needed the app to attach photos. Does that amount of memory usage look normal to you all? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 41159.jpg
    41159.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 138

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I can do that and I realize it will help. I am used to galaxy phones. Their screens seem to be brighter when set to auto. Any other ideas?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Whats Dolphin? Kill that asap... its almost as power draining as your screen.
Monitor facebook closely. Mine was using 10-15% continually, so I deleted it.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin may be the culprit. Clear your cache as well. Memory usage could mean a lot of apps running. Mine is usually 2 to 2.5GB.

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Dolphin is an awesome web browser. I can do that. It is superior to chrome in many ways. I'll give that a shot. Any other ideas? Caches have been cleared.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Make sure GPS is off if you don't need it. Same with Wi-Fi. Be careful of some apps that use battery. Facebook app for example. I just use a bookmark instead of the app.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it's the phone. I'm having the same issue. I think its a combination of things. I'm getting a replacement device because of the loose port and GPS randomly dropping out.

I love this phone but my biggest complaint is power consumption. Charging it takes so much longer than others that has quick charging

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the responses guys. Gps is always off. The frustrating thing is I went to tmobile and it worked with their chargers... I'm rounding up all my chargers and all my cords and going to prove to them that they work on every other device but not on this phone. Hopefully get a replacement. Another super weird question. When I plug it into the quick charger, it work start automatically quick charging. Here is the bizarre scenario that makes it quick charge. I will explain verbatim. First I press the back button and lock the screen. Then I plug in the charger. Then I have to unlock the screen but leave it locked without putting in my password. While the screen is still active (that is crucial) I unplug the charger and plug it back in. It will then switch from regular charging to fast charging... Anyone else have issues with quick charging not working consistently? It is the craziest thing. Any other time I plug in the quick charger under any other circumstances it will only quick charge when it feels like it. I found this workaround by accident and out of vicious frustration.

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
How loose was your port? Some cables are falling out of mine. Tmobile is hardball on getting me a new device.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin is an awesome web browser. I can do that. It is superior to chrome in many ways. I'll give that a shot. Any other ideas? Caches have been cleared.

An awesome browser doesn't take that much resources to use. The info you gave supports the screen and Dolphin. I would try Firefox or Chrome with the same usage and see what it does. I would also uninstall Dolphin so it's out of the equation while testing out the other browsers. As for the screen, I keep mine on auto. My #1 battery use is the screen, as for most it is. I also get all day battery on my phone, sometimes more, depending on my location (whether I'm getting good cell signal). This includes Wi-Fi on and Bluetooth on (for car connectivity). I do not use Facebook (app uninstalled) and do not use an anti-virus either. I would try another browser and see if you notice an improvement. If not, a factory reset with a fresh start may be needed.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the responses guys. Gps is always off. The frustrating thing is I went to tmobile and it worked with their chargers... I'm rounding up all my chargers and all my cords and going to prove to them that they work on every other device but not on this phone. Hopefully get a replacement. Another super weird question. When I plug it into the quick charger, it work start automatically quick charging. Here is the bizarre scenario that makes it quick charge. I will explain verbatim. First I press the back button and lock the screen. Then I plug in the charger. Then I have to unlock the screen but leave it locked without putting in my password. While the screen is still active (that is crucial) I unplug the charger and plug it back in. It will then switch from regular charging to fast charging... Anyone else have issues with quick charging not working consistently? It is the craziest thing. Any other time I plug in the quick charger under any other circumstances it will only quick charge when it feels like it. I found this workaround by accident and out of vicious frustration.

When I plug in my charger that came with my V10, it can take up to 30 seconds before it says it's quick charging. It usually does it within 5 seconds. I only use the charger that came with my phone. I know that can be hard if you need to charge your phone more than once a day. As for the other chargers not working, fast charging phones are weird. My wife's Note 5 only likes certain chargers. Either the original charger it came with or the one that came with my V10 (which I swear is the same charger). If another charger is used, it charges really slow and even gets hot. So I try to make sure her phone only charges on the 2 chargers mentioned. In other words, try to only use the charger that came with your V10. Hope that helps.

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
When I plug in my charger that came with my V10, it can take up to 30 seconds before it says it's quick charging. It usually does it within 5 seconds. I only use the charger that came with my phone. I know that can be hard if you need to charge your phone more than once a day. As for the other chargers not working, fast charging phones are weird. My wife's Note 5 only likes certain chargers. Either the original charger it came with or the one that came with my V10 (which I swear is the same charger). If another charger is used, it charges really slow and even gets hot. So I try to make sure her phone only charges on the 2 chargers mentioned. In other words, try to only use the charger that came with your V10. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I am using original charger. The original cord shorted out and broke at the base ages ago. Appreciate your response.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

YES

I made a post about this a while back. It just won't switch to fast charging sometimes. My solution has been unplug it and plug it back. I thought I was the only one.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Try Nova Launcher. And try setting brightness to 35-40%.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The stock 3,000 mAh battery is completely inadequate for such a high-powered device that's has increased drain due to the higher resolution 2560x1440. The battery is not adequate even when new and once it ages, it will lose even more capacity.

they sell it so they can claim the device is the thickness of 3 credit cards while it's not all that useful. The first thing I do when I get a device is throw out the stock battery and install an aftermarket extended battery such as ZeroLemon. They make a 9,000 mAh cell that's just adequate though not excellent, you get maybe a full day with it if it's new.

tiny 3000 mAh batteries are so 2006 and just another attempt to screw the customer instead of making nice expensive long-lasting cells. But the bean counters save a little money. Extended is expensive. Instead they pour tons of money into ads convincing customers what they want is a phone with the thickness of a credit card. Not me, give me some depth to hold on to.

With these phones that are really mini-laptops with full capabilities you really need at least 9000-10,000 to make it through the day. I hate it when my phone is at 40% by noon (and declining fast) with the stock battery. The stock battery does not make it through one day, you need to find a charging outlet in the early afternoon. which will wear out your charging port eventually, as in your case.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
My battery life was excellent till after the Android update.... I tried everything. Even got a replacement phone from Verizon... No deal. Battery life is terrible after the update. So disappointing