LG's OEM Qi back pseudo-review

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So I managed to snag LG's CPR-120 wireless charging back for $36 via Amazon from a seller dubbed Below Market Cellular with expedited shipping included with the cost.View attachment 23302420160720_172307-1.jpg

For feel, it feels exactly like the stock original back that came with my V10 except the door sticks out more to provide enough space for the Qi coils as well as the NFC coils. Most cases will fit but will introduce a tighter fit and can skew the detection and successful charge of certain wireless chargers so caseless is the best bet. NFC still works fine as I've tested with a few small purchases made via Android Pay. As for charging via wireless, I've tested it to work with the PMA chargers at a local Starbucks and various Qi chargers including a TYLT Vu 3, Spigen wireless charging stand, a Samsung wireless charging puck as well as a Yootech Qi pad. The TYLT Vu 3 and Spigen stands works with any orientation while the pads require the device to be a bit off center so the charging coils can receive power. Charging via Qi makes the phone a bit warm but not as warm as it gets usually with Quick Charge 2.0 and those with defective phones have heard noise or had the phone overheat: so far I've encounter no issues with the phone or charger emitting noise or the phone having excess heat, even while streaming video while Qi charging.

I'm aware of the V10 having the same faulty Qi hardware as the G4 before it but the manufacturer of said hardware has issued a fix like others have mentioned. The only thing is there's no telling which V10'a have received it or not. Mine was manufactured in January of this year (2016) but I'll update on use so far as time goes on.