LG V10 stuck in bootloop. LGFlashTool doesn't work....NEED HELP PLZ!!

Seymour Hefner

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
LGFlashTool keeps giving me a connection error after it loads 100%. So that doesn't work. I need an alternative if there's any out there. I'm so lost right now. Please help...

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I'm sorry that you're having this issue! What occurred that cause you to use the flash tool? Knowing this, might help us determine how to proceed forward.

Seymour Hefner

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
My phone went completely dead, then it wouldn't charge. I plug in the charger and it freezes on the battery image. If I try to power the phone one, it stays on the LG logo boot image.

Cody Mattson1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
It sounds to me like you have the same issue I had. It's the same issue as the G4 had with the motherboard and RAM. So you can either follow one of those guides for trying to fix it, or you can try to get it repaired or warrantied out. If you go for the later and you need to back up, which is what I'm doing, I suggest trying putting you phone on the dash of your car outside face up for 10 minutes or so (keep an eye in it), it should eventually get to the carrier boot screen. If it takes longer than normal to make it past this part, restart the phone. It eventually loads up like normal. And make sure your phone stays hot. If it cools off too much, it will die again.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Try using a different USB Port, and or, a different PC. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to bring it in for repair.

slyyyy

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear...

It's a known issue for the V10, same issue the G4 had. It recently happened to my V10.

I was able to get to the factory reset screen twice, but after initiating it, it was just go back to the bootloop. I'm with T-Mobile and have JUMP, so they got a replacement for me.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
It sounds to me like you have the same issue I had. It's the same issue as the G4 had with the motherboard and RAM. So you can either follow one of those guides for trying to fix it, or you can try to get it repaired or warrantied out. If you go for the later and you need to back up, which is what I'm doing, I suggest trying putting you phone on the dash of your car outside face up for 10 minutes or so (keep an eye in it), it should eventually get to the carrier boot screen. If it takes longer than normal to make it past this part, restart the phone. It eventually loads up like normal. And make sure your phone stays hot. If it cools off too much, it will die again.

I don't think you can compare the two - bootloop on G4 vs. v10. Go to XDA. TONS of posts on G4 bootloop. Not much on V10. Of course G4 was way more popular than the V10, and much larger ROM development community behind the G4, but still. No comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome