WiFi connection not allowed?

timhendersonlive

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I have lost my ability to connect to WIFI at all, at home or hotspot. I turn on and it turns itself off.
The field displays "Connection not allowed"

I cannot do anything with wifi settings the fields are "Greyed out".

I have Googled and read endless suggestions and solutions, which none have solved the issue.

My Wife has the exact same phone as we bout and activated at the same day, and hers is working fine!?
The phones are about 7 months old now, and Mine has had no previous issues till a day ago.

I have not installed the latest update, because I can not connect to WiFi.

Does anyone else have this specific message displayed "Connection not Allowed"?

Thank you.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I assume you've already powered your phone down and back up again? If so the nuclear option may be your only option and do a factory reset. If problem persists after that then it's definitely hardware related.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Let me tell you another reason Ill never get an LG phone again (first and last time).

I had the dreaded boot loop on my LG v10 and ATT honored my warranty and sent me a replacement phone. That phone worked well for maybe 3 days? Ever since then Ive got this exact same issue. And if you havent noticed yet if you leave wifi on eventually it will connect but then it will disconnect and connect over and over until the phone gets hot and reboots itself. This phone is trash.

Debating on the Note 7 or Iphone 7 myself.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I assume you've already powered your phone down and back up again? If so the nuclear option may be your only option and do a factory reset. If problem persists after that then it's definitely hardware related.

Just a heads up to the op. Ive done a factory reset at least 5 times. It makes no difference.

raex37

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I just started having the same issue this morning. I was having trouble staying connected to the Wi-Fi last night and for a little while this morning after I woke up, but then it stopped connecting entirely. I just noticed the "Connection Not Allowed" message when I went into Settings>Networks. Hopefully I can find a solution soon.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up to the op. Ive done a factory reset at least 5 times. It makes no difference.
When you did the factory resets did you set it up as a new device or restore from backup? It actually does make a difference. Try doing it and set up as a new device.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
When you did the factory resets did you set it up as a new device or restore from backup? It actually does make a difference. Try doing it and set up as a new device.

I took the phone to a ATT service center. They tried to factory reset. It made NO difference. So they have since then sent me a replacement phone. No more issues.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have lost my ability to connect to WIFI at all, at home or hotspot. I turn on and it turns itself off.
The field displays "Connection not allowed"

I cannot do anything with wifi settings the fields are "Greyed out".

I have Googled and read endless suggestions and solutions, which none have solved the issue.

My Wife has the exact same phone as we bout and activated at the same day, and hers is working fine!?
The phones are about 7 months old now, and Mine has had no previous issues till a day ago.

I have not installed the latest update, because I can not connect to WiFi.

Does anyone else have this specific message displayed "Connection not Allowed"?

Thank you.

Try connecting to LG Bridge through your computer. You should be able to get the update.

mull10

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have this same problem. Phone is on its way back to service for the second time same problem(phone is 4 months old). First fix was "GPS Software recalibration". That lasted a whole three and a half weeks. This phone is a GIGANTIC STEAMING TURD...

wayne882121288

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem. Phone is on its way back to service for the second time same problem(phone is 4 months old). First fix was "GPS Software recalibration". That lasted a whole three and a half weeks. This phone is a GIGANTIC STEAMING TURD...

I have the AT&T variant of the V20...mine often disconnected from WiFi and when I look at Wi-Fi settings it says "connection not allowed". I then have to connect manually which is doable (not grayed out) then after a while sometimes I'll notice it is disconnected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret