As I understand it the primary screen is 5.7 inches and the secondary screen is 0.3 inches. If I disable the second screen can I use all 6 inches for widgets etc. or is the secind screen area just a black space on the screen or what?

Would using Nova affect it?

Thanks!
    09-06-2016 10:14 AM
    The "second screen" is in fact physically contiguous with and part of the main screen. It is "second screen" in logic only. It's how the system treats the two areas.

But you cannot disable the second screen. The system is hard coded as such.
    09-06-2016 10:49 AM
    The "second screen" is in fact physically contiguous with and part of the main screen. It is "second screen" in logic only. It's how the system treats the two areas.

But you cannot disable the second screen. The system is hard coded as such.
    I read an article that said you could disable it under display settings?
    09-06-2016 10:54 AM
    You can indeed disable it under display settings but you won't be able to use the empty space. It will just show up as blank space next to the camera.
    09-06-2016 10:59 AM
    You can indeed disable it under display settings but you won't be able to use the empty space. It will just show up as blank space next to the camera.
    That's what I was afraid of. The reason I probably won't I buy the v20 either. That space should be usable if you don't like the second screen. Oh well. Thanks anyway

Oh... Nova can't use it either?
    09-06-2016 11:14 AM
    That's what I was afraid of. The reason I probably won't I buy the v20 either. That space should be usable if you don't like the second screen. Oh well. Thanks anyway

Oh... Nova can't use it either?
    No it can't. I think it is segregated by the phone's design. I've seen no way to reclaim the space yet so I just leave the screen on to show the time/date.
    09-06-2016 11:45 AM
    No it can't. I think it is segregated by the phone's design. I've seen no way to reclaim the space yet so I just leave the screen on to show the time/date.
    Stupid design. LG always finds a way to keep me away.
    09-06-2016 11:49 AM
    Stupid design. LG always finds a way to keep me away.
    Doesn't bother me that much. That little bit of space wouldn't really add up to much watching a video anyway. I actually like the second screen. I like seeing my text messages while playing a game so I know whether I can ignore it (the wife) or answer it immediately (all others). LOL
    09-06-2016 11:57 AM
    that was my point. Physically contiguous, but hard coded to be a second screen.

I dismissed it as silly at first, but I've really come to appreciate the always-on aspect with respect to notifications. I also use it for a couple of often-used apps.
    kixfan and muckrakerX like this.
    09-06-2016 12:21 PM
    yeah, watching the text messages scroll is awfully handy--especially when you're doing a two-factor authentication with an app.
    kixfan likes this.
    09-06-2016 12:22 PM
    yeah, watching the text messages scroll is awfully handy--especially when you're doing a two-factor authentication with an app.
    They scroll in notification bar of my note 3 also... But notification bar disappears while watching video. Put camera in bezel and use full 6 inches.
    09-08-2016 05:09 PM