I'm looking to get a second phone, used on Swappa, to switch in and out with my GS7. I'm pondering the G5 or V10. Any advice or opinions and why would you pick one over the other? Battery life and UI? Thanks.
    10-22-2016 01:33 PM
    I personally wouldn't worry about the UI - whatever phone I got would get Nova Launcher put in. And the battery life between a G5 and V10 should be comparable (and they're both removable). Just make sure you get a phone with the radios for your carrier.
    10-22-2016 01:41 PM
    If you have the regular S7, maybe get the G5. The size and screen are more comparable so the transition would be easier.

On the other hand, if you want a secondary phone that will give you something truly different from your normal experience, the the V10 might be the way to go. Second screen, large regular screen, and a nice thin, premium design all add up for an awesome phone
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-22-2016 02:54 PM
    I like my V10 but it is heavier than I'm used to. That's the ruggedness thing it has going on. As long as a heavier phone won't bother you I recommend it, especially as a tertiary device.
    10-28-2016 10:17 AM
    I would go with the V10 given that the G5 and S7 are so close in size. Get something either a little bigger in size for a different experience when you switch or get a G5 and keep it as the "similar sized" backup. I love my G5 and going to get a G3 as a backup. Samsung's software seemed a little weak compared to the competition, idc how popular their products are. I loved Note 4. So far the best device I ever owned but LG is giving me a really good experience so far. This G5 is close to perfect for me, which is a surprise because my goal when I was upgrading was an HTC 10...which no one had in stock.

Anyway. I hope you pick/picked the right device.
    10-30-2016 07:51 PM
    The V10 really grew on me. Once I put it in a clear Ringte Fusion case it felt lighter and just very solid. It's really a nice looking device. It's very close to the V20s in performance and that's a good thing. Those steel rails on the side are really a nice touch.
    10-31-2016 05:41 AM
    I'm looking to get a second phone, used on Swappa, to switch in and out with my GS7. I'm pondering the G5 or V10. Any advice or opinions and why would you pick one over the other? Battery life and UI? Thanks.
    After owning the behemoth known as the V10, id go with the g5. The V10 was just to big , bulky, heavy, and the colorless lcd screen is what made me sell it after 3 months. If you want to stay with LG, I'd go with the g5. Much more user friendly. Myself, I went back to samsung. Got the S7 edge. Incredible device. Got a pixel too. But don't waste your money on it. If you really want a good bang for your buck, try the ZTE axon 7. Best audio I've ever experienced. .
    11-20-2016 01:20 PM