Boot loop problem and my factory repair story

Austin2048

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
My fiance and I both bought used G4's off of eBay. Hers started to go to crap, slowing down and lagging really bad, very poor battery life. Finally it boot looped. Sent it into LG and they replaced the mother board free of charge. Recently my G4 is lagging and having crappy battery life. I can't wait for the damn thing to boot loop so I can get it repaired. My fiance's is 100 times better with the new motherboard. I'm going to buy a used V10 in the next few days though. Good to know LG is still replacing them if they boot loop.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
After 14 months working great (Had a release model in Nov. 2015), I too have this issue. Worked fine last night, plugged it in to charge overnight and woke up to a dead phone. Wouldn't start and once I pulled the battery and made sure it was charged (Have spare battery and external charger) it attempts to startup but only gets the LG boot screen as you all well know. Got the ATT splash once, but no sound and it went back to the LG screen and stopped after that. Just filled a repair claim and also just put a date and did not upload any 'proof'. Mentioned the Boot Loop issue in my description of the problem and sent it off with the provided shipping label. (Remember to pull your battery, SIM and SD cards and only ship the main phone body. No back either) We'll see if they do the right thing and repair it like some mentioned above. If it comes back in working order, I'll give them respect for supporting their product even if they have had this issue for quite some time across several phones. Hopefully with the G5/V20 models they have solved this issue and it's no longer a plague on LG smartphones.

Edit 1/13/17:
So it arrived in TX this morning and is showing 'Repair in Process' now so it seems they are fixing it. Will update once it has been shipped and what the repair entailed.

Edit 1/14/17
Got notice that the phone is shipping back to me with the following details:

Defect: Power-No power with cable
Repair Results: Swap Board (Main/RF) : Others
Warranty Status: In Warranty
Payment Type: NOT APPLICABLE
Repair Cost: $ 0.00
Tax: $ 0.00

In Warranty even though it was over the 12 month warranty date. Pretty fast service too considering. Looking forward to getting it back.

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am glad to hear they fixed yours as well. Considering that they manufactured an inherently defect product and are aware of it, it's the least they could do.
From my follow up conversation with LG, my understanding is that they replaced the motherboard with a new (same) motherboard. I asked if improvements were made on my replacement motherboard and the CS rep said he didn't think so because he did not show any history that these boards are defective...Huh???
In other words, it's just a matter of time before the replacement motherboard fails.
Being grateful over this is like someone purposely cutting you and being grateful they gave you a band aid.....

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
On the other hand, I can tell you that whatever they did, I'm not getting the hot spot and bad battery life that I used to get.

So, I have reason to question what you believe: that they're giving more of the same and that this too will fail. I also have reason to question that a CS rep reading a script for twenty cents an hour has any knowledge of the situation, so I would never expect anything from a script monkey.

I also know that companies like LG wouldn't reveal their own flaws if they didn't have to.

I know that back in the day, Honda used to have "goodwill warranties". In particular, they know more about their product than anyone, and they knew when some part failure was unexpected abnormal. If the custom asked for accommodation, they'd give it.

Apple does the exact same thing today.

None of this is unusual in the business world. So what if you have to ask for the help instead of having it spoon-fed by the manufacturer? Welcome to life, where you have to ask for and go after things you want, instead of having them handed to you. Yes, it would be nice if these parts didn't fail; but life isn't perfect, and parts do fail. So what if you have to ask for help? Get off your high horse. It's called life.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Needed to edit my original response; not going to let you lure me into a stupid argument over a cell phone.
I am a live and let live guy.
Sorry my opinion has you troubled, that's on you not me.
If you feel that your experience with LG and the boot loop scenario has been good, than awesome for you.
Frankly I don't have it in me to care, no more than I would expect you to care what I think, feel or believe.
Safe and happy travels with your (insert phone model here).

On the other hand, I can tell you that whatever they did, I'm not getting the hot spot and bad battery life that I used to get.

So, I have reason to question what you believe: that they're giving more of the same and that this too will fail. I also have reason to question that a CS rep reading a script for twenty cents an hour has any knowledge of the situation, so I would never expect anything from a script monkey.

I also know that companies like LG wouldn't reveal their own flaws if they didn't have to.

I know that back in the day, Honda used to have "goodwill warranties". In particular, they know more about their product than anyone, and they knew when some part failure was unexpected abnormal. If the custom asked for accommodation, they'd give it.

Apple does the exact same thing today.

None of this is unusual in the business world. So what if you have to ask for the help instead of having it spoon-fed by the manufacturer? Welcome to life, where you have to ask for and go after things you want, instead of having them handed to you. Yes, it would be nice if these parts didn't fail; but life isn't perfect, and parts do fail. So what if you have to ask for help? Get off your high horse. It's called life.

Last edited:

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, you obviously cared enough to say--more than once--how you think LG did it wrong by not jumping in and proactively finding every phone out there and actively offering to do something with them, even if the user isn't experiencing a problem.

Kids today--expect life to be handed to them. It's a rough world out there, and what you get out of it is what you take out of it.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Read first, understand what you are replying to. I do care that LG blew this with 3 models, what I don't care about is your take on it. You needing me to believe what you do is a bit creepy.. 1940ish mentality. Get over it, you are happy with LG, I'm not.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Curious on the G5 and V20 models, has this issue arisen as well or does it seem to have been dealt with? That's more telling to me than what happens with V10 repairs IMO.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Read first, understand what you are replying to. I do care that LG blew this with 3 models, what I don't care about is your take on it. You needing me to believe what you do is a bit creepy.. 1940ish mentality. Get over it, you are happy with LG, I'm not.

You apparently care so much about my take on it that you continue to bother to come into a thread that I started, outlining my experience, and crap all over it.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Curious on the G5 and V20 models, has this issue arisen as well or does it seem to have been dealt with? That's more telling to me than what happens with V10 repairs IMO.

Not sure you're in the right place, either in this thread or in this forum.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, let me make this right.
LG V10 is the most besterist phone ever made...
Better?

You apparently care so much about my take on it that you continue to bother to come into a thread that I started, outlining my experience, and crap all over it.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, your attempt to censor what you can't handle?
Dude... This is so much more than a phone issue for you.
Kinda like, "I own this phone so it has to be the best regardless of the factual data that LG major pooched it". Apologists...... Yuk

Not sure you're in the right place, either in this thread or in this forum.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Delusional...
Go back and look at the thread. Where did I "crap" on your experience? I mentioned my experience:
Received my V10 back today from LG. They replaced the board at no charge. Everything appears to be working fine. Considering the boot loop issue is a known problem with several models, it was the least they could do.
Glad it's working, can't wait to sell it. Goodbye LG, fool me once.....

I never addressed you, answered you or quoted you. You took issue with my post because I said I was done with LG and was selling my V10.
You went on the attack because you didn't like my response to LG's ineptness...you acted as though someone insulted your loved one.
Again, creepy.
Dude, like your phone and let others dislike theirs.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting...show me where I crapped on your experience!
You, that's right you responded to my experience with some backdoor, passive-aggressive attempt at a weak insult....
Your comment:
It's not that a man stumbles; rather, it's how he recovers that is a measure of the man.
That's where it started my little Huckleberry....not me, you.
So next time you start a thread in a publicly participated forum, you might want to qualify it with "Agree with me, or I will passively-aggressively try to insult you when our opinions differ."

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Let's just keep in mind that not all V10s have been or will likely be problematic. Yes some have experienced the boot loop and I suspect a great many more have not and will not. I could just be wishing but statistically....

It's good to read that LG is appropriately taking care of those that let LG know they've experienced a problem. Should my V10 boot loop in the time I own it, I'll, of course curse and be disappointed but, simply send it in for repair.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Awesome attitude, I hope you do not have any issues as well.

Let's just keep in mind that not all V10s have been or will likely be problematic. Yes some have experienced the boot loop and I suspect a great many more have not and will not. I could just be wishing but statistically....

It's good to read that LG is appropriately taking care of those that let LG know they've experienced a problem. Should my V10 boot loop in the time I own it, I'll, of course curse and be disappointed but, simply send it in for repair.

hoang51

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
For those who had their LG V10 repaired under warranty from LG, did you get your original phone back (e.g., same IMEI) with your data intact? Reason I ask is that 1) I'm having trouble backing up data 2) I don't want to see a fresh Android OS install on it (was rooted to utilize unlimited data hot spot). I was thinking of going to AT&T corporate store where there's a warranty center to exchange for another V10 (I think at this point they would have to order), but if sending to LG results getting the same phone back promptly, I'd rather do that than to get someone else's phone (refurbished) from AT&T. I currently have a tempered glass installed on the phone and I've been mostly unsuccessful trying to back up my phone and wipe it before sending my LG V10 to either AT&T or LG. BTW, when you all shipped out the phone, how did you package it to LG? Did you use the original LG V10 box?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm