Boot loop problem and my factory repair story

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't heard anything about V20 bootloops. Maybe they actually solved the problem finally! Glad you got everything back. After the repair my phone still heats up but nowhere as bad as before.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Battery life kinda sucks right now (3 time charging today!) that i hope improves as the phone see my usage..

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like mine. Constantly changing out batteries. Glad I have 2! As old as these phones are the batteries are probably on their last legs. I'm considering buying a couple of new ones even though I just use mine as a music player/gaming device now.

Last edited:

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this on the phone since it's return. The % is say 59 and the next it's higher or lower.. For example I woke and it was 59% a few min later its 62 and then 22... All while sitting. What the heck is happening? It didn't do this prior to bootloop..View attachment 284523

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You got me on that one. That's just plain weird. How did it go from around 50 up to almost 70 without charging?

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
No idea.. I'm hoping it will level out soon otherwise I'm looking for another phone and this will become my backup one.

bob white4

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
OK, so 9 days ago my V10 went into boot loop. Tuesday night 12/6. I thought about a V20, but T-Mobile annoyed me so I hit Swappa and got a very very very nice used V10 for a great deal. So by Friday afternoon I was back in business.

But over the weekend I thought about it, and decided to send my original back to LG and see what they said. There was no downside, after all. So Monday I sent it off, on their dime, and they got it Wednesday--yesterday.

According to their repair tracking, they logged it in just before noon their time (Texas). By 10:30pm yesterday--10.5 hours later--they had it boxed back up and a label on it. It now awaits FedEx to pick it up and transport it back to me.

Color me shocked.

Now, there's a punch line to all of this: I bought this V10 used, and have zero paperwork for it. All I know is, I got it the day after Thanksgiving, 2015. That's all I told LG. When I entered my information, they asked for my purchase paperwork--but because I don't have any, I left that blank.

I did describe the phone as having the "dreaded boot loop" in my description. Maybe that's all they needed. Or maybe they know that some serial number ranges all need fixed, no matter what. I do remember seeing that they've extended the warranty an extra 3 months; by definition, all V10s are in warranty, right? Maybe that's it. Or maybe they're trying to avoid getting bad press like Samsung did with batteries. Who knows.

I halfway expected a call or an email outlining how they know how to fix it, and it will cost $X. Or maybe just an email telling me, too bad, so sad, we fix only warranty issues, you didn't present this as a warranty claim with any paperwork, so we're sending it back. And maybe that's what they've done, who knows.

I'll know in a few days.

i don't normally post in forums...but i gotta say...this is worth commenting on! i was having bootloop issues and was searching for fixes when i read your post. i bought the phone on swappa second-hand more than a year ago. but i decided what have i got to lose? i went to the lg website, claimed warranty issues and sure enough, they even paid for fedex shipping. 12 hours within receiving the phone, they had repaired it and shipped it back to me, completely free! who knew?😎

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Great to see they are still fixing these so many years later. Says positive things about the LG brand. They fixed mine awhile back for free too.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought my V10 4 years ago, had it for a year when it suddenly went in bootloop. It stayed in a box for 2 years until I finally got around to sending it in.

They said they replaced the motherboard and shipped it back to me.

We will see.
I will report once I get it.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I got a few other phones after V10, like Note 4, then LG V20.. no bootloops FWIW.

BTW, the freezer thing hasn't worked for me and I tried hard. Lost all data on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21