Tripped water indicators

Barbara Coffey

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
My liquid detection indicator has no color. Never been in water but warranty refused. I wanted warranty because the V10 died. Totally died from working fine to wouldn't boot up.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
What color were they before? On Samsung's, they're white and turn red/white (red X's) if moisture is detected. In Hawaii, the humidity is enough to trip the sensors. Both my Note 4's are tripped as well as 3 spare batteries... none of them ever touched water. I saw on Youtube that bleach will turn the indicators white again. Never tried it as all my stuff is out of warranty anyways. I personally feel these stickers are bogus just so manufactures can refuse warranty. If they were any good, they wouldn't trip from frick'n humidity! Sorry, got no clue what you can do with your V10... maybe a local repair shop can look at it.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My liquid detection indicator has no color. Never been in water but warranty refused. I wanted warranty because the V10 died. Totally died from working fine to wouldn't boot up.
I have had 3 different V10s for various warranty reasons. I can tell you with 100% certainty that all 3 have had white moisture indicators coming from AT&T. They change color when they are exposed not change to white after exposure. Not sure where you have sent it for repair but I would call and "enlighten" them as to the color being white out of the box.

PaJimmyJam

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
I Have an LG V10 with Verizon, and mine is green. However I have a "certified like new" device AKA Refurbished. If i'm not mistaken, My original OEM V10 had a white dot. Unless you are on a prepaid plan, I would contact your service provider, and not LG directly. The service providers typically overnight a replacement phone, and give you a week to send the defective one back. (I know this for a fact, since I've been through 10 of these stupid phones since Marshmallow was pushed to it!!) LG will fix your device, but you must send it in and wait. they also warn about charging for service if they either find a non covered issue, or no problems are found! always stick with calling your Wireless provider first! Best wishes

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I Have an LG V10 with Verizon, and mine is green. However I have a "certified like new" device AKA Refurbished. If i'm not mistaken, My original OEM V10 had a white dot. Unless you are on a prepaid plan, I would contact your service provider, and not LG directly. The service providers typically overnight a replacement phone, and give you a week to send the defective one back. (I know this for a fact, since I've been through 10 of these stupid phones since Marshmallow was pushed to it!!) LG will fix your device, but you must send it in and wait. they also warn about charging for service if they either find a non covered issue, or no problems are found! always stick with calling your Wireless provider first! Best wishes

This is not necessarily true. If you take good care of your phone and want to have it repaired instead of replaced, use LG service. There should be no charge for shipping. I had a warranty repair for my V10 and T-Mobile sent me a rather skanky refurb. Dented, light scratches on the display. I refused it. Service from LG is the best way to go if you have a backup phone. How could you have 10 bad phones???