Battery life

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So I just picked up my V10 and battery life seems to disappear right before my eyes. Please tell me this gets better.......

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
uninstall dt ignite sucks a lot of battery.uninstalled on mine in november 2016 .made a big differance.uninstalled all amazom apps and verizion apps.I get 15 hours of moderate use a day.plus i have my smartwatch synsc at about 250 notifications a day.
What's dt ignite?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
So I just picked up my V10 and battery life seems to disappear right before my eyes. Please tell me this gets better.......

If it's brand new, give it a week or two to settle in and see what happens.

V10 is known to be weak on battery, but it's been proven that you can't let the first day or two be your guide in this respect. Lots of things have to happen on a new phone, and they will stop after awhile and settle themselves in and you'll see better battery life.

Also, pay attention for the phone heating up. It'll happen behind the power button. That means power draw (GPS, bad hardware, whatever), and it'll kill your battery. I used to get that a lot and my solution to stop it was to power cycle the phone. I don't know for a fact, but I think this has by and large gone away on my repaired phone, after LG fixed it for the bootloop problem. It makes me wonder if the faulty parts were causing the very short battery life that people complained about after the phone was released.

I'm not saying it's any kind of battery superstar now, but in general I get LOTS more battery life out of it now compared to before I got it fixed.

cuckooc

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
If you drive under sunlight, the screen will set to 100% brightness. In this case, the battery drain extremely fast. I have 2 v10 and 3 batteries and they all behave the same. If I plug it into QC 1.0 car charger with high accuracy GPS on and 100% brightness, the battery drop from 100% to 30% in 2 hrs drive.

The only way I found to preserve battery is to set 40% brightness manually and use QC 2.0 charger, it prevents the battery keep draining and charge the battery slowly.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you drive under sunlight, the screen will set to 100% brightness. In this case, the battery drain extremely fast. I have 2 v10 and 3 batteries and they all behave the same. If I plug it into QC 1.0 car charger with high accuracy GPS on and 100% brightness, the battery drop from 100% to 30% in 2 hrs drive.

The only way I found to preserve battery is to set 40% brightness manually and use QC 2.0 charger, it prevents the battery keep draining and charge the battery slowly.

I agree - adjust your brightness settings and see if you notice a difference.

cuckooc

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
The other thing you can look at is the manufacture date of battery. This LG battery is lithium ion which has no memory effect. So there is no settling problem in theory. There is no advantage to charge it overnight or use 2 or 3 times will increase the performance. only Nickel battery has memory effect.

So look at the manufacture date of the battery, if it is older than 1 year or above, which mean this new battery has never been charged for a long time. Especially it might have discharged to 0 voltage on the shelf. Then this battery is basically dead. Just recall your memory, when you first turn on the new phone, what the battery level is. If it is 0, then this battery is already bad.

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The other thing you can look at is the manufacture date of battery. This LG battery is lithium ion which has no memory effect. So there is no settling problem in theory. There is no advantage to charge it overnight or use 2 or 3 times will increase the performance. only Nickel battery has memory effect.

So look at the manufacture date of the battery, if it is older than 1 year or above, which mean this new battery has never been charged for a long time. Especially it might have discharged to 0 voltage on the shelf. Then this battery is basically dead. Just recall your memory, when you first turn on the new phone, what the battery level is. If it is 0, then this battery is already bad.
It was about 35 %

cuckooc

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
35% is good. No bad effect on new battery. The other way to save battery is to turn off wifi when you are not using it. Because your phone will keep scanning available network every several minutes, which use battery. Use smart setting to turn off wifi when you are not at home.

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
35% is good. No bad effect on new battery. The other way to save battery is to turn off wifi when you are not using it. Because your phone will keep scanning available network every several minutes, which use battery. Use smart setting to turn off wifi when you are not at home.
How do I set up the smart settings. I couldn't find it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20