V10 way too long a wait for Nougat

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I would agree that we aren't entitled to updates unless LG has promised to deliver them, but I also would be very wary buying another phone if major devices are being ignored too long. Are they staying current on your monthly security updates?

AT&T's model at least just got the January 2017 security patches.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This year is a little different though because the OEM's have had access to a lot of the code to get started for nearly a year now. Not being on 7.1.2 today isn't really too strange, but 7.0 from the first dev preview to the final release is similar enough that anyone who wanted to could have been ready to launch within a very short period of the official code drop.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
LG's lack of quick updates for their high end phones is stopping me from looking at the LG G6 when it gets released. I have bought two LG phones in a row and enjoy getting timely updates. They need to support their current customers better to get any future business from me.

Actually the updates havn't been bad at all. A complete upgrade to another version of Android is a different story

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In the Android world, this is the current state:

If you want timely OS and security updates, buy a Google device (Pixel, Nexus).

If you want timely security updates, buy a Google device (Pixel, Nexus) or a BlackBerry.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
LG's lack of quick updates for their high end phones is stopping me from looking at the LG G6 when it gets released. I have bought two LG phones in a row and enjoy getting timely updates. They need to support their current customers better to get any future business from me.

Actually the updates havn't been bad at all. A complete upgreade to another version of Android is a different story

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech