I have been having major responsive issues with my LGv10

A

AC Question

I have done factory resets in the past but that only seems to last for so long before the problem arises again. So, I was thinking of rooting the phone and see if this would be a better and more permanent fix. I am VERY new to this and have never tried rooting a phone before.

Unfortunately, every site I've visited tells you to download this file, VS990 Root .Zip. However, every time you click the link, I get a 404 not found page.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to get the file needed? Does anyone have any other advice they can provide?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You shouldn't need to root it, and you certainly shouldn't need to factory reset it that often.
>Delete cache, there might be a lot of it or some of it may be messed up enough to bog down the OS.
>Delete all bloat-ware
>Delete all apps you do not need
>If apps and bloatware can't be deleted outright, Deactivate them.
>Restrict app background activity
>Deactivate app permissions that are not needed
>Deactivate app notifications that are not needed
>Engage developer options and set animations to a faster time, or turn the off
>Use the battery manager to see what apps are running in the background
>In developer options check "force quit every activity on exiting apps"
>There's also a "background process limit", which I haven't tinkered with... but I have mine set to "Standard limit"

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have done factory resets in the past but that only seems to last for so long before the problem arises again. So, I was thinking of rooting the phone and see if this would be a better and more permanent fix. I am VERY new to this and have never tried rooting a phone before.

Unfortunately, every site I've visited tells you to download this file, VS990 Root .Zip. However, every time you click the link, I get a 404 not found page.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to get the file needed? Does anyone have any other advice they can provide?

Go to the XDA Developers site and search for root (your carrier name) LG V10 and you'll find all the help you need. I can't link to it here because I have had been told not to post links like that here in the past. There is a different root method for each carrier.