What happened to the Android 7.0 upgrade?

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
So, what happened to the Android 7.0 upgrade?... Just don't understand... It is sad that my Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet gets upgraded to Android 7.0 but the V10 cannot get the upgrade...

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea.. LG needs to realize that the reason they aren't making real money with phones is because delayed updates. The G6 failed to make them any money.. Right now they are working on the V30 and updates arent a priority. Dumping my v10 qs soon Note 8 is out.

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea.. LG needs to realize that the reason they aren't making real money with phones is because delayed updates. The G6 failed to make them any money.. Right now they are working on the V30 and updates arent a priority. Dumping my v10 qs soon Note 8 is out.
Yes, I really like my V10, but am rethinking the whole idea of spending the extra money for a S8+ or the Note 8 if it is going to ensure regular updates... It is disappointing as the V10, V20 and the G6 are all good products...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

The reason they are not making real money has little to do with updates. The average consumer doesn't care about updates. They just know that get a notification that they have an update waiting. The G6 did much better than the G5 but that wasnt hard to do. It also did better than the V20 because LG caved into what is popular in the market place. Working on the V30 has nothing to do with delaying current updates.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you need updates skip Samsung, go Pixel and don't look back!

I'm puzzled when I see someone buying a phone just for updates. I'm not suggesting updates are not important or dismissing anyone's choice of priorities, however first and foremost I buy a phone that works well and has the features I want. The Pixel is a great phone but its not what I want so I wouldn't buy it even it had daily updates. I guess if updates are at the top of someone's list than they should go that route. In the end the choices we make are the choices we will live with so if that's what keep a person happy then go for it.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm puzzled when I see someone buying a phone just for updates. I'm not suggesting updates are not important or dismissing anyone's choice of priorities, however first and foremost I buy a phone that works well and has the features I want. The Pixel is a great phone but its not what I want so I wouldn't buy it even it had daily updates. I guess if updates are at the top of someone's list than they should go that route. In the end the choices we make are the choices we will live with so if that's what keep a person happy then go for it.

I don't disagree with your comment. My V10 has a true DAC for high impedence earphones - which is the most important feature if I had to pick just one. Frequent updates aren't a big deal for most of us. LG has stated that they are offering Android 7 based on consumer demand (outrage?) but don't reccomend it.

Edit: Installed on my T-Mobile today and Nougat is pretty awesome so far!

Last edited:

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't disagree with your comment. My V10 has a true DAC for high impedence earphones - which is the most important feature if I had to pick just one. Frequent updates aren't a big deal for most of us. LG has stated that they are offering Android 7 based on consumer demand (outrage?) but don't reccomend it.

Edit: Installed on my T-Mobile today and Nougat is pretty awesome so far!

what version of Nougat is it? 7.??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC