Google Play Services disappeared from phone but still installed

A

AC Question

I have an LG V10 that after a restart has had Google play services as well as other apps disappeared from my home screen. When I look up my apps on the secondary screen they have disappeared. There is only an android logo and the name of the apps. I try to install google play services through chrome browser but it says it is already installed. At this point my phone says it has google play services but I have no way of using it at all. I can't download or update apps as a result.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you have Google Play Services on your homescreen in the first place? It's not an app that you can create a shortcut for. Are you talking about the Play Store?

Did you have any apps moved to SD?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG V10 that after a restart has had Google play services as well as other apps disappeared from my home screen. When I look up my apps on the secondary screen they have disappeared. There is only an android logo and the name of the apps. I try to install google play services through chrome browser but it says it is already installed. At this point my phone says it has google play services but I have no way of using it at all. I can't download or update apps as a result.

As already suggested you might be confusing it with another app. Play services only shows under system apps and there is nothing it does that requires you using it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae