Nougat out on H901 T-Mobile V10 via LG Bridge 7.18.2017!

StanP50

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Upgraded my V10 yesterday...went flawlessly. Google Maps and Bluetooth settings are still there and work without issue. Have found that the response of apps and general access to settings has improved greatly. Like the upgrade. Thanks LG

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded my V10 yesterday...went flawlessly. Google Maps and Bluetooth settings are still there and work without issue. Have found that the response of apps and general access to settings has improved greatly. Like the upgrade. Thanks LG

Hi Stan,
You have the "Play Voice over Bluetooth" setting in your google maps (in Navigation Settings) still after upgrading to Nougat?
Screenshot_2017-07-21-14-28-19.jpg

StanP50

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi Stan,
You have the "Play Voice over Bluetooth" setting in your google maps (in Navigation Settings) still after upgrading to Nougat?
View attachment 264493

No, I don't have that setting, but I get voice over my Bluetooth headset just the same, if I turn off the headset I get voice through the phone speaker, so not sure what problems not having the setting toggle in Navigation settings causes. It still works. I guess not having the option to turn it off is an issue for some, but not for me.

StanP50

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Ok, one issue I'm finding is that I can't add apps to my main screen, they seem to just float away to wherever. Very strange behavior.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I got tired of waiting for the T MO OTA and upgraded via Bridge. Worked flawlessly! Overall everything works great. It looks like I have a new phone. Gone are the pastel blues and pinks. Love the look and feel. Battery life has improved. Gone from a round 4 hrs SOT up to 5 the first few days. I do notice occasional lag on a few things beyond what I had previously experienced. Seems to be running cooler too. Thanks LG and T Mo for upgrading this phone.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Other than the Google Maps bluetooth on/off option removed.. it sounds like Nougat is pretty good on the V10.
Wonder what LG was talking about when they said that they will release Nougat for the V10 but its not 100% compatible and to update at your own risk.

probably just a bunch of BS..

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I've been using my V10 all day connected to AA. Normally the combination of charging and Google Maps would result in a VERY HOT phone. Amazingly the phone remained cool all day. This must be a result of the upgrade. Battery life has definitely improved.

gipper69

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Well, finally got the ota notification last night and installed. Was getting error in lg Bridge. So far, so good. But we're still on the May security patch. Really!? Finally got the update, and the security patches are already several months old.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
as far as major OS updates go this was probably the smoothest i have seen. no issues with any apps so far at all, and no settings lost at all.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, finally got the ota notification last night and installed. Was getting error in lg Bridge. So far, so good. But we're still on the May security patch. Really!? Finally got the update, and the security patches are already several months old.

May-->June-->July.

"Several months old"??? Hyperbole much?

The sky is falling.

gipper69

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
May-->June-->July.

"Several months old"??? Hyperbole much?

The sky is falling.

Last I looked, 3 did count as several. No hyperbole needed. Now, compared to the last security update being from September, it is a step forward, particularly given the fixes Google released around the first of the year. Some of the security fixes we had to wait for were significant and could present a significant risk. T-mobile and LG need to do better. Particularly since the other carriers released them months ago.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm not expecting any further security patches for this phone ever. We will not receive an "O" upgrade and the only reason the security patch was upgraded was likely due to it being included in the Nougat update from LG which was given to TMo.

gipper69

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm not expecting any further security patches for this phone ever. We will not receive an "O" upgrade and the only reason the security patch was upgraded was likely due to it being included in the Nougat update from LG which was given to TMo.

Most of the changes with O are "meh", at best. For me, same for "N", for a large part. Haven't seen anything bad, but likewise, haven't seen a significant improvement in battery life that has been touted.
There have been several serious security holes described on this site that need a plug, like yesterday. Having no quick response to them is vendor negligence of the worst kind.