LG v10 problems after Marshmallow upgrade.

A

AC Question

Have 2-week-old Lg v10 H900, new, unlocked. It would not upgrade with LG Bridge or OTA, saying "device may be rooted". So went online and found Marshmallow KDZ file and uploaded to phone. It shows the Marshmallow is up but now I get errors like "com.android.settings has stopped", "LG VPN has stopped", and "lock screen settings has stopped". I cannot configure/initiate fingerprint scanner, and device reboots when I uninstall an app.
I have cleared all caches and reset to factory (recommended by LG tech help...waiting for additional solutions from them), all to no avail.
Any ideas??

Jurneybegin

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
Have 2-week-old Lg v10 H900, new, unlocked. It would not upgrade with LG Bridge or OTA, saying "device may be rooted". So went online and found Marshmallow KDZ file and uploaded to phone. It shows the Marshmallow is up but now I get errors like "com.android.settings has stopped", "LG VPN has stopped", and "lock screen settings has stopped". I cannot configure/initiate fingerprint scanner, and device reboots when I uninstall an app.
I have cleared all caches and reset to factory (recommended by LG tech help...waiting for additional solutions from them), all to no avail.
Any ideas??

Hi, I'm having the same problems I also flashed same kdz. Now my phone messed up I'm also looking solution for this. Finger print and security menu not working too I sent to lg to fix software but that also did not work. They said after market alteration and can't accept the phone to repair. I'm very disappointed. I checked the motherboard too. Board number is vs990.XXXX. This is Verizon carrier but I'm using AT&T. Some variant has been installed to this phone before I flashed it was lollipop 5.1. We have to find correct kdz file correct these software errors. I searched all over the internet I could not find it. Lg said my phone is h900bk. I appreciated lot anyone can help us. I like my phone lot

Jurneybegin

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
I'm really appreciate your help, I tried the link but link does not exist, they have moved or deleted. is there another links to get the firmware?
Thanks.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The links work for me. Not sure about the actual downloads. I'm on a work computer so the sites hosting the downloads won't open for me. I'll see what else I can find.

Jurneybegin

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I checked 2 links , both link open the XDA page but links in the xda page does not work Message is "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist. Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file exists." its big help to find link to download
Thanks

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't test the actual links due to this being a work computer. I'll keep looking around. I'm sure the files are out there somewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty