So I've been having major battery drain during the day while my phone is in my pocket. The phone sits in my pocket with no use and I get home to 50% battery. I got a new v10 from VZW and still does it. VZW tech had me put it in safe mode today and see how battery is. I got home with 87% battery, so much much better.

Verizon wants me to do a factory reset and install one app a day and see when it starts to drain fast to locate the draining app. In the battery usage there are no apps showing excessive battery usage. I have like 20+ apps and I would hate to install just one app a day, I'm hoping to find a faster way to find the issue.
    08-24-2017 03:43 PM
    Why not just list your apps so we can try to guess?

Do you have Facebook or Facebook Messenger installed? If so, those are always likely culprits.

Are you accessing a non-Exchange/ActiveSync mail account such as Yahoo Mail? If so, ensure you are not checking for mail in the background too often.

Did you check the battery usage graph and list on your device? What does it say?
    08-24-2017 04:46 PM
    Here's all my apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Help locating battery draining app!!-13953.jpg   Help locating battery draining app!!-13954.jpg  
    08-24-2017 04:50 PM
    The battery graph shows the battery dropping but no apps really taking up much battery usage
    08-24-2017 04:51 PM
    What is your signal strength in dBm rather than bars? Poor signal could be draining the battery.
    08-24-2017 04:59 PM
    right now 103dBm. My phone in pocket in safe mode only uses 13% battery in 8 hrs. not in safe mode used 50%
    08-24-2017 05:04 PM
    Uninstall Facebook for a day or two. Worthy experiment.
    08-24-2017 06:00 PM
    I have the same issue and it seems to be the connection. I sit here at work in airplane mode and barely use 20% a day but as soon as I get out of work and turn the cell data back on the phone immediately starts to get hot and the battery drains to around 50% in a couple hours and then continues to rapidly drain to around 30% and then abruptly shuts off. That's just sitting there not really using it. If i run an app or game it dies a lot faster. Can't wait to upgrade this phone!
    08-25-2017 09:04 AM
    I have the same issue and it seems to be the connection. I sit here at work in airplane mode and barely use 20% a day but as soon as I get out of work and turn the cell data back on the phone immediately starts to get hot and the battery drains to around 50% in a couple hours and then continues to rapidly drain to around 30% and then abruptly shuts off. That's just sitting there not really using it. If i run an app or game it dies a lot faster. Can't wait to upgrade this phone!
    But, don't forget: in airplane mode, there are any number of apps (like Facebook and Facebook Messenger) that go into idle mode because there is no internet connection available. As soon as you restore connectivity these apps kick back into high gear. This can apply as well to nefarious apps doing dirty work, games and other apps that rely on ads for revenue (those ads need to be downloaded), News/Weather apps, etc.

To see which apps are consuming data (may vary depending on your device and OS version): Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data Usage -> Mobile Data Usage (or, Wi-Fi Data Usage).
    EgretOwl2 likes this.
    08-25-2017 10:04 AM
    But, don't forget: in airplane mode, there are any number of apps (like Facebook and Facebook Messenger) that go into idle mode because there is no internet connection available. As soon as you restore connectivity these apps kick back into high gear. This can apply as well to nefarious apps doing dirty work, games and other apps that rely on ads for revenue (those ads need to be downloaded), News/Weather apps, etc.

To see which apps are consuming data (may vary depending on your device and OS version): Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data Usage -> Mobile Data Usage (or, Wi-Fi Data Usage).
    I've done all that and it never shows any one app draining the battery or hogging data other than android system and screen of course. I only use airplane mode because I have a very weak signal here at work and the phone just searches for signal until it dies...usually a couple hours at most. This phone runs hot all the time too. Cant even use it for calls because I cant touch my ear with it. Horrible experience. I've tried uninstalling facebook before and factory resets as well. Resets work for a bit but not much.
    08-28-2017 11:56 AM