Lately it feels like my battery life is getting worse. Is what's going on normal or is something else going on? (I keep data off unless it's needed on due to low service *108 dbm avg*) I have 2 batteries that get switched back n forth,
    1 is about 15 months and the other 9 months.
    Attachment 268670Attachment 268671Attachment 268672Attachment 268673Attachment 268674Attachment 268675Attachment 268676Attachment 268677
    09-17-2017 08:19 AM
    Which battery were you using for the screen shots?
    09-17-2017 07:47 PM
    The 9 month battery in these screen shots. It's been happening with both and is recent (i want to say within the past 10 days).
    09-18-2017 07:38 AM
    Once again Phone Idle is eating a good percentage. No one at LG is willing to explain this. This impacts V10, V20 and G6 for sure from what I've read and asked around. My wife and son have Galaxy S8s that have battery consumption from phone idle at about 20% for the same amount of time. Even if you don't use your phone it's still ducking the life out of it. It's NOT weak signal or WiFi or GPS.
    09-18-2017 09:11 AM
    Same issue here with 2 batteries as well. Getting so bad that the phone is almost useless. If it is indeed this phone idle thing eating battery life then it not an LG issue but an android issue since it is happening on LG as well as Samsung phones. Has anyone checked different versions of the android operating system to see if it is happening on all of them or is it just limited to one?
    09-18-2017 11:01 AM
    It's NOT happening to excess on Samsung phones. They consume 30% of the mAh usage of the LG phones for phone idle. It's an LG thing over multiple models that they refuse to acknowledge. Remember for the longest time they refused to acknowledge there was a bootloop problem too.
    09-18-2017 11:15 AM
    Something similar is happening with the two stock batteries that I have BUT when they get to 14% the phone dies - batteries dead without warning. This happened after the Nougot update possiblly.
    09-25-2017 10:57 AM
    Something similar is happening with the two stock batteries that I have BUT when they get to 14% the phone dies - batteries dead without warning. This happened after the Nougot update possiblly.
    That's been happening to be too and I'm not running Nougat. My phone just shuts down when the battery gets below 30% with both batteries. When I plug the phone in to charge the screen shows the battery at less than 5% while charging. For some reason the phone is showing the battery level wrong. Nothing fixes this. I've tried factory resets several times. Either both of my batteries bought at different times and with different manufacture dates went bad at exactly the same time or it is an error in the phone hardware/software somewhere. No idea which but it is a major pain in the ***.
    tardus likes this.
    09-25-2017 11:04 AM
    If the phone is shutting down before hitting zero, that's almost a sure sign that the battery is shot and due for replacement. Especially if you plug in and you suddenly have a much lower reading.

What happens as batteries age is they can no longer handle the normal voltage sag that happens when a high demand is placed on it. When this happens, the voltage drops below what the phone can run on and thus the shut down. It takes a little time to recover to a resting voltage, which is why it'll still read low when you plug it in. The worse the battery is, the higher the gauge will read when the shut down happens. Another symptom is abnormally long charge times, or being unable to reach a full charge.
    hjwjr1 likes this.
    09-25-2017 11:55 AM
    If the phone is shutting down before hitting zero, that's almost a sure sign that the battery is shot and due for replacement. Especially if you plug in and you suddenly have a much lower reading.

What happens as batteries age is they can no longer handle the normal voltage sag that happens when a high demand is placed on it. When this happens, the voltage drops below what the phone can run on and thus the shut down. It takes a little time to recover to a resting voltage, which is why it'll still read low when you plug it in. The worse the battery is, the higher the gauge will read when the shut down happens. Another symptom is abnormally long charge times, or being unable to reach a full charge.
    Yeah that definitely sounds like what's happening with both of my batteries. They seem to shut down around 25-30% most times. Once in awhile they will go below 25% or so but very rarely. Guess it makes sense since the phone is close to 2 years old at this point.
    09-26-2017 10:41 AM
    Yeah that definitely sounds like what's happening with both of my batteries. They seem to shut down around 25-30% most times. Once in awhile they will go below 25% or so but very rarely. Guess it makes sense since the phone is close to 2 years old at this point.
    I have 3 batteries, two in constant rotation and a third stored with a good charge. The first two die at 15%. The "spare" made it to 12%. I think something is going on beyond the batteries.

But no additional investments in the V10 for me. And after four LG's in a row starting with G3, considering some thing else for my next phone.
    kixfan likes this.
    09-26-2017 01:28 PM

That what happened to mine. I was able to get a replacement for around six bucks from Amazon.
    09-27-2017 04:03 PM
    I have 3 batteries, two in constant rotation and a third stored with a good charge. The first two die at 15%. The "spare" made it to 12%. I think something is going on beyond the batteries.

But no additional investments in the V10 for me. And after four LG's in a row starting with G3, considering some thing else for my next phone.
    Same here. I'm not spending any more money on this phone either. Moving to a new device in the next month or so. Question is which device. So many to choose from this year. My V10 will become my "gym rat" phone and will be used as my music player while working out. With the cell radio/data turned off it really does still get decent battery life.
    09-28-2017 10:47 AM
    I want to figure out if it's an app that's acting up. I really prefer not to uninstall them all and then adding them back 1 at a time. Any suggestions (I have Gsam/Greenify installed)? For the usage I do I'm getting annoyed at the crappy battery life that I'm getting anymore
    09-28-2017 04:41 PM
    I want to figure out if it's an app that's acting up. I really prefer not to uninstall them all and then adding them back 1 at a time. Any suggestions (I have Gsam/Greenify installed)? For the usage I do I'm getting annoyed at the crappy battery life that I'm getting anymore
    Your initial screen shots show you were down to 14%. If that's normal, I'm kind of surprised your batteries lasted this long. Draining them that low kills them prematurely.

Like the others, I'd suggest replacing the batteries, plus don't drain them below 40% remaining (30% at the absolute lowest) for the best life.
    09-28-2017 08:52 PM