Does anybody know how much it could cost the repair by LG to fix a V10?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Or perhaps anybody knows where to buy a motherboard for the V10 H901BK
(T-mobile)?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If it bootlooping and less than 2 years old, LG will repair it for free. No idea the cost if outside the warranty. Since I'm sending mine in for a non-bootloop overheating issue I'll let you know what they charge me.

gibbga

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about what they charge you too. Mine just died tonight on the drive home. I keep the phone in my shirt pocket & listen to GPS directions. After a while, I realized the phone wasn't giving me directions anymore. I got home & it wont turn on at all. I changed batteries, tried charging it, etc. It's a no go. I really don't want to replace it right now. I was really hoping to get another year+ out of this one.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious about what they charge you too. Mine just died tonight on the drive home. I keep the phone in my shirt pocket & listen to GPS directions. After a while, I realized the phone wasn't giving me directions anymore. I got home & it wont turn on at all. I changed batteries, tried charging it, etc. It's a no go. I really don't want to replace it right now. I was really hoping to get another year+ out of this one.
They received it yesterday so now I am just waiting for the "bad" news. More to come...

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly they are repairing it for free under warranty. They labeled it as "phone not charging with cable" on the repair order. Mysteriously avoiding the overheating issue yet fixing it under warranty for an issue that really should no longer be covered under warranty. I guess it's their way of saying this phone is going to bootloop soon so let's fix it before it adds to the negative statistics. Anyway, I'm pretty excited that it's getting fixed for free.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly they are repairing it for free under warranty. They labeled it as "phone not charging with cable" on the repair order. Mysteriously avoiding the overheating issue yet fixing it under warranty for an issue that really should no longer be covered under warranty. I guess it's their way of saying this phone is going to bootloop soon so let's fix it before it adds to the negative statistics. Anyway, I'm pretty excited that it's getting fixed for free.

awesome!
LG fixed mine as well after warranty.

gibbga

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Congrats to you sir. I figured it was hopeless and went ahead and bought a Note 5 to tide me over for a while until more phones have been released with the new 600MHZ frequency on Tmobile's network. Maybe I should go ahead and send the V10 into LG anyway. It's been a pretty great phone for me other than dying :) I didn't have any overheating problems, etc.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Congrats to you sir. I figured it was hopeless and went ahead and bought a Note 5 to tide me over for a while until more phones have been released with the new 600MHZ frequency on Tmobile's network. Maybe I should go ahead and send the V10 into LG anyway. It's been a pretty great phone for me other than dying :) I didn't have any overheating problems, etc.

I would give it a try. Just go to the LG website and request service. Make sure you specifically mention "bootloop" in the description and they may give you a free shipping label as well. Best of luck to you.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

If you read these forums it's not a surprise at all the LG is replairing the phone for no charge. They are standing behind their products. BTW I have a V10, no bootloop and my gf using my old G4, also no bootloop. Both phones going strong.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
That's awesome! I still think this is a great phone. I was very happy with it other than the heat issue. Look forward to getting it back to use for music at the gym. That DAK chip has truly amazing sound through the headphones. I've never heard a phone sound better than my V10.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Got mine back. They replaced main board. Like a new phone now. Amazing battery life now which really surprises me considering the age of the batteries now.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Got mine back. They replaced main board. Like a new phone now. Amazing battery life now which really surprises me considering the age of the batteries now.

Excellent! I'd love to get a new phone but the V10 is still pretty awesome. With the DAC, Nougot, processor that isn't slow, still a very usable device. Glad you're all set!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae