my lg v10 has the loopback problem how do i fix it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

my lg v10, at&t service now no service, has the loopback problem. i need the info on my phone, names addresses phone numbers pictures, so i cant do a factory reset because that will wipe all my personal info out. ive tried the hold the power button and volume down at the same time routine and it doesnt work and now i cant get it to come on at all. what do i do next?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to your AT&T store and ask where the nearest Device Support Center is. (It could be in the back of that store, or in a nearby one.) They should be able to get data off the phone - assuming that there's any left on it. (When you say "loopback", do you mean "bootloop"? That could mean that your data is gone, along with Android itself. [Loopback means that if you go to your IP address using your PC, the router will recognize that you're trying to connect to a device on your LAN, and it won't go out to the internet looking for the address - it "loops back" into the LAN.])

If Android is gone, the DSC can reflash it, but you get the stock Android - if you didn't back up your data, it's lost. (If you entered your contacts as Google contacts, the names, numbers, addresses, etc. - but not the pictures - are at Google Contacts, and once the phone is fixed, it will sync them back.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23