I always used plastic film type. I actually always liked the matte better.

I was wondering which you prefer and why? Thanks

PS.....I don't believe in expensive screen protectors. I always go to eBay and get 5 or 6 for under 5 bucks... Unless there is something I don't know bad about that you can tell me?
    10-19-2016 02:38 PM
    go for tempered glass, its scratch resistant
    10-19-2016 03:35 PM
    I've used both and much prefer the tempered glass. It's more scratch resistant and to me they just feel better than the film type protectors.
    10-19-2016 03:42 PM
    go for tempered glass, its scratch resistant
    Thanks, I'll Try glass
    10-19-2016 03:42 PM
    Yeah, go for the glass. Definitely.
    10-19-2016 03:44 PM
    Thanks everyone... I will do that
    10-19-2016 04:14 PM
    I liked tempted glass because my fingers would often "chatter" when sliding across plastic matte protectors. But here lately, I'm running completely without. My G4 screen is scratch free and had it almost a year now. I'm thinking about skipping it on the V20 too.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-19-2016 05:44 PM
    I got these to try

Look at this on eBay https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F112159656099
    10-19-2016 06:16 PM
    I'll go with glass if you find decent quality. Be careful, the LG v20 top and bottom are little curved. The adhesive might just suck. Check this dude reviews out. I'm holding out on temper glass for now, I mean this phone came with screen protection pre-installed.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield-Tem...cUvbUpU5506605
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-19-2016 06:43 PM
    I'll go with glass if you find decent quality. Be careful, the LG v20 top and bottom are little curved. The adhesive might just suck. Check this dude reviews out. I'm holding out on temper glass for now, I mean this phone came with screen protection pre-installed.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield-Tem...cUvbUpU5506668
    I saw the screen protector installed on the unboxing reviews and was hoping it came with one installed on the retail version. I started a thread asking if a screen protector came installed and a few said no, so I hope att gets it. Thank you
    10-19-2016 07:08 PM
    I prefer glass because it feels better under my finger. Plastic is ok, but it doesn't feel as smooth as glass.

Also you mentioned not trying the expensive screen protectors. Did you know that many of the expensive screen protectors come with a lifetime warranty? If it ever breaks, scratches, or peels up, you can contact customer service and get a free replacement. I know both Zagg and Armour Shield offers this. I think there are a couple other brands that I am forgetting.
    10-20-2016 06:04 AM
    I prefer glass because it feels better under my finger. Plastic is ok, but it doesn't feel as smooth as glass.

Also you mentioned not trying the expensive screen protectors. Did you know that many of the expensive screen protectors come with a lifetime warranty? If it ever breaks, scratches, or peels up, you can contact customer service and get a free replacement. I know both Zagg and Armour Shield offers this. I think there are a couple other brands that I am forgetting.
    But isn't out like $10 shipping fees or something? I could buy 6 new ones for that if that is true...
    10-20-2016 09:00 AM
    But isn't out like $10 shipping fees or something? I could buy 6 new ones for that if that is true...
    True you do have to pay for shipping. The one time I did it the shipping was like $3 or $4.
    10-20-2016 09:12 AM
    True you do have to pay for shipping. The one time I did it the shipping was like $3 or $4.
    That's not too bad
    10-20-2016 09:46 AM
    Tempered glass crumbles when it breaks, Gorilla Glass breaks into sharp shards. They're the same hardness, so tempered glass is no more scratch resistant. (A plastic protector actually cushions the Gorilla Glass just a bit, protecting it from breaking, and at 3/$10, or thereabouts, it's a lot cheaper [although my current one is 3 years old, and still not scratched] to replace if you scratch it.)
    10-21-2016 11:44 AM
    Well considering that v20 dont have edges like note7 and cases will cover and lift over the phone, I don't think it is immediately require so it come down to preference.

Granted that didnt change the fact I got intrigued by For LG V20 Matte Privacy Anti-Spy Tempered Glass Screen Protector Guard Shield | eBay

Now with the thought I mention I actually going to consider basic film but with the privacy screen
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-21-2016 12:03 PM
    I've used both and def prefer glass! Its much better tracking your finger over glass than a plastic protector.
    Joeykool and BigRalphN like this.
    10-21-2016 12:22 PM
    I've used both and def prefer glass! Its much better tracking your finger over glass than a plastic protector.
    Ya but nobody has found a good one!
    01-06-2017 12:28 PM
    I always used plastic film type. I actually always liked the matte better.

I was wondering which you prefer and why? Thanks

PS.....I don't believe in expensive screen protectors. I always go to eBay and get 5 or 6 for under 5 bucks... Unless there is something I don't know bad about that you can tell me?
    Plastic PET film screen protectors often gather fingerprints much easier and scratches easily so you have to replace them on a monthly basis unless you're OK with a scratched up screen protector. Glass protectors last much longer and is easier to install and maintain. You can find them on eBay for a few bucks. The LG V10 glass screen protector actually fits and costs a little cheaper than the V20.
    01-19-2017 03:25 PM
    Plastic PET film screen protectors often gather fingerprints much easier and scratches easily so you have to replace them on a monthly basis unless you're OK with a scratched up screen protector. Glass protectors last much longer and is easier to install and maintain. You can find them on eBay for a few bucks. The LG V10 glass screen protector actually fits and costs a little cheaper than the V20.
    That's what I ended up using....V10 but I get a halo at the top.
    01-28-2017 03:18 PM
    I recommend the Spigen brand. It's a little bit smaller to prevent the halo effect. I currently use a brand on eBay called Zentech. It's affordable and is made of good quality and leaves minimal halo effect. Tip to prevent halo effect: the screen starts to curve at the tip of the second screen display. Leave about 1/10 of a centimeter of the second screen display uncovered. It should adhear at the top.
    02-05-2017 11:10 AM
    Thin protecors are the best choices in these days. TGP doesn't cover the entire display. If that covers the entire display it'll produce a halo effect. It's better to stay with the high-quality thin protectors. I would personally suggest the protector from the Gadgetshieldz.
    https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/lg-v20...ers-cases.html
    02-21-2017 05:14 AM