Compatible Stylus

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Use what works for you. I just can't stand the squishy rubber tip, and the inaccuracy. The Dash 2 is exactly what I was looking for . . . short of an spen.

Although I do like the V20, When the Note 8 comes out . . . I'm going back!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the difference is between the Dash 1 and 2? The 2 isn't even listed on Adonit's site haha

If it helps, I had the same issue with the Stilo and back it went. I didn't try it on a V20, but it was a horrible experience (for what it advertised) on a Tab S 10.5 and an S6. It didn't perform any better than a thin foam tip cheapo stylus. And stay away from the disc-based ones! Those WILL scratch your screen eventually. They are a bit more accurate, though, but still. Not good enough to warrant all that scratching.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have the stylist pen from there N7 there using on the V20?

If you mean using the S-Pen on the V20, that's a no-go. The S-Pen works with Wacom's technology built into the Note line, and since the V20 doesn't have that hardware in it, it just won't work. And nope, the tip of the S-Pen isn't capacitive, so it won't be recognized by the V20.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Tried that... Won't work. V20 doesn't have a digitizer.

It does have a digitizer. It doesn't have the Wacom stuff that makes the S-Pen work. But the digitizer (the stuff that translates your touch to a digital input for the phone to understand) is there.

Summer2k

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I also ordered the Adonit Dash 2 Stylus for my V20 from Amazon. I should receive it tomorrow. Once I've finished testing it out I'll let you all know what I think about it.

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I also ordered the Adonit Dash 2 Stylus for my V20 from Amazon. I should receive it tomorrow. Once I've finished testing it out I'll let you all know what I think about it.

Adonit Dash.jpg

Magnetic USB charger. Small and probably easy to lose. It is magnetic though, so it will stick to anything you have that is metal. I love the pen so far. Works best if you keep as close to a 90 degree angle to the screen, otherwise the accuracy is a bit off. VERY sensitive. Works with a screen protector. I don't know about a glass screen protector though.

Definitely NOT an spen.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How's the 'writing' with it? Can you maybe share a pic? hehe I'd like to take notes on a tablet, but since OneNote has never implemented the 'zoomed handwriting' box that S-Notes had, it's really hard to get legible notes with a 'normal' stylus :( And like others, I tried the Stilo with awful results.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... doesn't look bad! I guess I'll give this a try then! :) If it doesn't work, well, then it's another stylus going back hehe. Maybe Amazon will include this on their pre-Black Friday sales? :D

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Mmm... doesn't look bad! I guess I'll give this a try then! :) If it doesn't work, well, then it's another stylus going back hehe. Maybe Amazon will include this on their pre-Black Friday sales? :D

I have to stress... This is NOT an spen! There's nothing like that anywhere. But for taking a note this works great. I have been using it for a couple of days now to write in my journal using the V20 and I have few complaints. Just added a glass screen protector and there is very little difference.

I do recommend it. At least according to my needs till the Note 8 next year.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as it's better than a rubber-tip stylus, I'm good. I'm no longer holding my breath for a Note tablet with AMOLED screen, so I still use my Tab S for notes. That is, until the Note 8 comes along :) But will still need something for the tablet. The Stilo wasn't better at all than the normal cheapo ones, so that's why I stopped trying out active stylii. Let's hope this one can change my mind (although I know that it will never match the S-Pen).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's going back to Amazon :(

My metal-mesh, fat-point stylus is still better than the Jot Dash :( Plus, the thing is noisy!!! Can't imagine taking notes with this without annoying everyone in the room.

sad. sad sad sad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon