Compatible Stylus

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
One of my issues as a former Note user is that I use the stylus every day. Aside from the fact that I have 3 wireless chargers spread out from my home to my office which are now paper weights . . . which will probably be dealt with through aftermarket back-plates sooner or later . . . I have been desperately looking for a fine point stylus that will definitely work with the V20.

I know, I know . . . why didn't I get the Stylo 2? Well . . . processor, memory, DAC, dual cams, nougat . . . to name a few things . . . but the lack of the pen is still a big deal to me.

My inquiry for the group is for a fine point pen that will work with the V20. There are dozens out there, but all of them are vague about compatibility, and I 'm not one to spend 30 to 90 bucks on something that may not work.

My V20 is on the FedEx truck as I type and will be delivered today . . . and my beloved Note 7 will be reluctantly surrendered in a flame proof box. Then I have 14 days to decide if I will keep it.

A pen! A pen! Any suggestions?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I like it... But I want small... Like the s pen small. This is something I would not want to carry around with me. :(

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Still will not be anywhere near the same. N7 was integrated for stylus use and a place to store and not lose it. Any thing else tried and considered is inherently second tier.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife is in a similar position after the N7 problems and really loves having a stylus. I noticed those active styluses are rather expensive (and only a 10 hr battery life doesn't sound all that great for her). Are they worth the extra cost, and what benefits do you get with them?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
One feature I really love with s-pen is the ability to highlight and copy text in a website or app that cannot be copied with normal finger long press. I doubt any 3rd party stylus will do that. Oddly I never used any of the other unique s-pen features. My handwriting is terrible and I can't draw so I would rather type a memo than scribble one.

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
One feature I really love with s-pen is the ability to highlight and copy text in a website or app that cannot be copied with normal finger long press. I doubt any 3rd party stylus will do that. Oddly I never used any of the other unique s-pen features. My handwriting is terrible and I can't draw so I would rather type a memo than scribble one.

I used the N7 stylus every day. Not only for what you mentioned above, but also for taking notes, making outlines and many other things. I haven't settled on a stylus yet, but I will definitely be getting one to use with my LG V20. I like the V20 . . very nice phone. But the pen is a huge issue for me.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used the N7 stylus every day. Not only for what you mentioned above, but also for taking notes, making outlines and many other things. I haven't settled on a stylus yet, but I will definitely be getting one to use with my LG V20. I like the V20 . . very nice phone. But the pen is a huge issue for me.
Well if your stylus lets you highlight text to copy let me know.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I have an Intuos Creative Stylus 2 - it uses bluetooth technology.... I have tried it with the Moto Z Force and now the S7 Edge.... looking to try either the Pixel XL or V20 (not happy with s7e)

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I have an Intuos Creative Stylus 2 - it uses bluetooth technology.... I have tried it with the Moto Z Force and now the S7 Edge.... looking to try either the Pixel XL or V20 (not happy with s7e)

Well, if it works with the Pixel it will work with the V20 and vice versa. Let us know!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12