Looked at HiFi headphones today.... Wow.....

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I am the OP. I have SE535s that I had been using for running because, besides sounding really good, the particular foam inserts stayed in my ears. Tonight I tried the DAC for the first time. I registered for Tidal for the 30 day free trial. I am sure I'm using HiFi settings because I signed up for that trial and changed all my settings to HiFi within the app. I downloaded a blues album (Move by Lucky Peterson) and plugged in my SE535s. Turned on the DAC. Now, I am 50 and have a slight to moderate case of tinnitus, and while the sound is fantastic, I can hear no difference between the tracks with the DAC turned on or off and, for that matter, the same album on Spotify sounds the same (on the extreme setting). I guess one parameter I'm using is background hiss. Everything sounds identical for background hiss. I was expecting the hiss to be eliminated. Am I doing something wrong? HiFi audio is new to me.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Unplug your earphones from your cable, plug in your cable and then attach the earphones. The dac will be In external mode.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
How good are the momentum. Sennheiser jeeps popping up when I read about head phones and quality for a good price.

Been using M1 nearly two years. Its highs are crisp and bright but not shrill or sibilant, mids are clear, and bass is just right. You can throw any genre music and this headphone won't overdo it. As for cosmetic It feel premium and light (190g).

The negative things about this M1, it'll become very uncomfortable after about an hour of wearing them and if you have large ears. I might grab M2 after selling H3, if I can get good deal from it, LOL.

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I have about 8 different iEMs, and two sets of studio over the ear closed cans. One is medium grade and one higher end. I also have one tube headphone amplifier that I used to warm up my previous phone and allow me to push the closed backs. I have Polk Audio towers for my main speakers in the house. While the model cabbie had somewhat cheaovsince they are older, they were quite expensive new. They can be bi-amped, meaning highs have one amplifier, lows another amplifier. I am not currently doing that. They get insanely load and still retain fidelity. You are right. It gets crazy. I am a musician and former studio and live sound engineer so I hate crappy sound. The LG V20 is the best sounding phone to date. Even with mp3s which are not great sounding to begin with.

Mind blown!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I need a good bass one. I narrowed it down to the Oppo Pm3 but read some reviews that they weren't that great gor bass tone. Any other over ear ones that you can recommend? I would prefer anything in the $400 range or below. Thanks.

The Grain Audio IEMs have a strong deep bass, but it's not muddled. It's slightly more V-Shaped than I prefer for some genres, but work well for EDM, hip hop, etc. They're right at $100.00.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Another good site for audio is theheadphonelist.com along with headfi. I read both when I'm looking for new headphones.