Finally found a curved glass screen protector that fits whole screen

Vania1975

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I was browsing Amazon to see if anymore cases had come out for the V20 and I came across the Zizo Bolt case which also comes with a free glass protector. I went to their website and they say this glass screen protector fits the whole screen and it's curved! What?! I'm going to order this https://www.zizowireless.com/collections/lg-v20/products/zizo-full-edge-to-edge-lg-v20-screen-protector-lightning-shield-0-2mm-9h-hardness-full-tempered-glass-screen-protector

I will report back on this to see if it really works.

Last edited:

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I was browsing Amazon to see if anymore cases had come out for the V20 and I came across the Zizo Bolt case which also comes with a free glass protector. I went to their website and they say this glass screen protector fits the whole screen and it's curved! What?! I'm going to order this https://www.zizowireless.com/collections/lg-v20/products/zizo-full-edge-to-edge-lg-v20-screen-protector-lightning-shield-0-2mm-9h-hardness-full-tempered-glass-screen-protector

I will report back on this to see if it really works.

I ordered the screen protector and a case from them this past weekend. Should be here tomorrow. I ordered directly from Zizo Wireless though.

Vania1975

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Got my Zizo glass screen protector yesterday and indeed this thing covers the entire screen without the halo effect which is a good thing. However, apparently I can not seem to get the big air bubble out from the center of the screen because the edges are curved, so as a result there is a microscopic upward bow on it when installed. This is very minor but annoys me to no end every time I look at the screen.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Got my Zizo glass screen protector yesterday and indeed this thing covers the entire screen without the halo effect which is a good thing. However, apparently I can not seem to get the big air bubble out from the center of the screen because the edges are curved, so as a result there is a microscopic upward bow on it when installed. This is very minor but annoys me to no end every time I look at the screen.

Mine was that way at first, too. After a couple of days, it "settled" and is no longer there. I'm just happy that it fits so well without the annoying halo.

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today, went on quite easily, no bubbles. It technically doesn't cover the entire glass surface. Doesn't curve to the far edges. But yeah, the viewing portion of the screen is covered plus it has a black border around the edges and camera to prevent said halo effect. So far, it works.

20161116_173016.jpg

20161116_173042.jpg

20161116_193408.jpg

Last edited:

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Some issues with the Zizo screen protector.

1. There is a noticeable "grid" you can see in the pictures above. On a white screen, it appears as almost a glittering effect, depending on viewing angle.
2. It actually only adheres along the black edges.
3. As such, it technically creates a small gap between glass/screen, which makes it sound like you're taping on plastic.
4. Dirt/lint collects along the top/bottom edges as they don't sit 100% flush with the screen
5. Despite saying anti-finger print resistant on the screen, it's quite the opposite.

So yeah, that's why it "installed" so easily. They don't bother with sticking to the screen. I thought it felt odd when I was tapping, and it felt plastic. It's because there is likely a super small gap between screen/protector.

Still hunting for a good screen protector. Although I have reached out to Zizo for additional information.

Vania1975

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
So the longer I have this screen protector on my phone, the more I don't like it. The bubble in the middle is not going away. it is distracting every time I look at my phone. The grid that is there bothers me too. Also, it is a finger print magnet to the max! Then after I clean the screen, I can see where there are smudges on the screen protector and I KNOW when I installed it my fingers did not touch the adhesive side of the protector. I may just take it off and trust the Gorilla Glass to do it's job and baby this phone. ug!

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So the longer I have this screen protector on my phone, the more I don't like it. The bubble in the middle is not going away. it is distracting every time I look at my phone. The grid that is there bothers me too. Also, it is a finger print magnet to the max! Then after I clean the screen, I can see where there are smudges on the screen protector and I KNOW when I installed it my fingers did not touch the adhesive side of the protector. I may just take it off and trust the Gorilla Glass to do it's job and baby this phone. ug!

Yeah, I'm running on glass only. Got another protector I'm going to try soon. Just need to get around to installing it!

Tried returning the Zizo I bought on Amazon. But they're wanting me to pay return shipping, less original shipping costs. For what I consider a defective product, that's ridiculous. Stay away from this company folks.

Last edited:

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
All these "full coverage" protectors are made by the same company...
No they are not . Most of full coverage screen protectors only have the sitcky stuff on the black edges. This one does not . Whatever make it stick to the screen is on the whole screen protector not just the edges.

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No they are not . Most of full coverage screen protectors only have the sitcky stuff on the black edges. This one does not . Whatever make it stick to the screen is on the whole screen protector not just the edges.
So in the "lg" window, is there now dust accumulation?

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So in the "lg" window, is there now dust accumulation?
There's no window over LG there is a window for the camera and proximity sensor but nothing has built up there and you.can clean it out fairly easily I'm sure if anything did try to build up.

Knte3

Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
There's no window over LG there is a window for the camera and proximity sensor but nothing has built up there and you.can clean it out fairly easily I'm sure if anything did try to build up.

Thanks shadavis08. Tried a few but the link you sent is perfect. No halo around the edges and the glass actually looks thicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC