Best watch with LG V20 compatibility?

thornburg24

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Best watch for V20 compatiblity

I am currently using a Gear S2 with my V20 and this is the first device I have used that will not allow me to read text messages. It only shows that I have a new message but I cant open it up. So I am trying to see what options others are using, with the exception of the LG watch which is probably the best option I would guess. I was thinking about picking up the Huawei watch but wanted to get some opinions first. I noticed another thread about the Gear S3. Looks solid but again just wanting to hear all options before selling my S2 and picking something else up.

Neal Barks

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Best watch for V20 compatiblity

I am currently using a Gear S2 with my V20 and this is the first device I have used that will not allow me to read text messages. It only shows that I have a new message but I cant open it up. So I am trying to see what options others are using, with the exception of the LG watch which is probably the best option I would guess. I was thinking about picking up the Huawei watch but wanted to get some opinions first. I noticed another thread about the Gear S3. Looks solid but again just wanting to hear all options before selling my S2 and picking something else up.

I currently have the LG Urbane 2nd edition and i really like it. I had it before the V20 but they seem to work fine together. No issues so far. Though i am tempted by the S3. The fact that its supports Samsung Pay with non-samsung devices is really awesome. I miss Samsung Pay when i had a s7 and s7 edge.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Did you install the Samsung Gear manager app, or just pair it? It needs the Samsung app to work properly. . I've had mine paired with no issues

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

I never had a smart watch. I picked up a zenwatch 1 for next to nothing on eBay. I love it...I can't imagine a current technology watch... It must be awesome

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

I'm using the Gear S3 watch and it's working fine with my V20. Samsung just pushed out an update to the Gear app for non-Samsung phones and now Samsung Pay is available.

thornburg24

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Did you install the Samsung Gear manager app, or just pair it? It needs the Samsung app to work properly. . I've had mine paired with no issues

Yes I have the gear manager app, Gear S Plugin and Samsung Accessory Service all on my phone. Maybe there is just something in the settings somewhere then.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Does anyone know if the Moto 360 will work for this??? I want to get a smartwatch for my LG V20, but I dont know which one to buy. Please leave suggestions for a smartwatch that works. Thank you

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

I had an S3 and returned it because the functionality with my LG wasn't all there. I picked up a LG Urbane 2 and love it. All the functionality and a second line is fantastic.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know if the Moto 360 will work for this??? I want to get a smartwatch for my LG V20, but I dont know which one to buy. Please leave suggestions for a smartwatch that works. Thank you

Yes, the 360 works just fine. I have one and no problems. I may switch to the Gear S3 for the LTE capability.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what that means. Are you referring to LTE in terms of it running on its own? Does that require separate data plan?

Yes....the S3 (and S2 also) have LTE radios built-in so you can still get calls, texts, e-mails, etc. without your phone. Not sure what Verizon does but Tmo charges you $5.00 @ month for LTE connectivity on an S2 (they are not selling the S3 yet).

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes....the S3 (and S2 also) have LTE radios built-in so you can still get calls, texts, e-mails, etc. without your phone. Not sure what Verizon does but Tmo charges you $5.00 @ month for LTE connectivity on an S2 (they are not selling the S3 yet).

You can pre-order the S3 at TMO now; I did yesterday. It won't be released until 12/2 and will begin shipping then.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier with AT&T LTE and it works flawlessly with my V20. Using AT&T NumberSync the LTE service allows me to make and receive calls/text/emails without the phone near by. So if I'm at the gym I can leave my phone in the locker.