Using Type-C-to-C cable with battery cradle?

beavis87

May 27, 2017
Visit site
So I bought a Google 18w Type-C charger to charge my LG V20 and any other Type-C devices I may have in the future and I noticed when I plugged it in to my battery cradle it didnt charge, like the light didn't even come on. I'm guessing the charger didnt put out the right voltage or current for the battery cradle or is it the cable itself? I'm guessing charger, because why would you make a type-c input battery cradle if it couldnt charge from a type-c output charger? The power ratings on the battery cradle limit the speed of the charging so I guess it wouldnt even utilize type-c speeds. I just want it for convenience, to have one charger and cable for all uses and devices but I guess I can't. Is there aftermarket battery cradles that utilize type-c speeds, specifically from Google's type-c power adapters?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a Google 18w Type-C charger to charge my LG V20 and any other Type-C devices I may have in the future and I noticed when I plugged it in to my battery cradle it didnt charge, like the light didn't even come on. I'm guessing the charger didnt put out the right voltage or current for the battery cradle or is it the cable itself? I'm guessing charger, because why would you make a type-c input battery cradle if it couldnt charge from a type-c output charger? The power ratings on the battery cradle limit the speed of the charging so I guess it wouldnt even utilize type-c speeds. I just want it for convenience, to have one charger and cable for all uses and devices but I guess I can't. Is there aftermarket battery cradles that utilize type-c speeds, specifically from Google's type-c power adapters?

Probably not compatible like how the OnePlus chargers aren't compatible with other phones. Just get a standard one, the battery cradle doesn't fast charge anyways. You just put it on and walk away. I just use the original LG charger and cable and it works great.