Need some help finding a car/truck dashboard holder for the V20.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes! Any suggestions? I have a suction cup style for my tablet but don't really want to go to that style.
I have a 2011 GMC Sierra and a 2011 Chevy Impala if this info is any help.
It would be nice if I could use it for the G5 as well.
Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most holders can old any size phone - but what kind of connection to you want to the dashboard? In days of old, dashboards were steel, so magnet mounts worked, but now the magnet holds the phone, the mount is still suction cup. You can use a vent mount, a CD slot mount, there are mounts that you can mount to the vehicle floor, with a long stalk with the phone mount on the top - but the only way to mount to the dashboard is with a suction cup. (And a little metal plate if the dashboard material isn't smooth enough for the suction cup to adhere.

And after about 2 years in the sun, the suction cup gets stiff, and you have to get a new mount.

I've been using a Mountek since they came out - it mounts into the CD slot. But when I get sloppy, I just throw the phone into one of the cupholders. I've had the V2- and the G5 - either would fit.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...but the only way to mount to the dashboard is with a suction cup. (And a little metal plate if the dashboard material isn't smooth enough for the suction cup to adhere.

There's suction cup holders now that have a sticky, almost spongy bottom that works well on textured dashes, but you may need to rinse dust off it on occasion if it stops holding. If you don't mind drilling mounting holes or want a customized holder, RAM Mounts are great but pricy.

https://www.rammount.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood