Missing lg apps

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
AC forum rules prohibit posting actual apk files, but perhaps someone could post a link to where you can find them.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to post apks for the missing lg apps.
Havent been able to find the stock calendar app.
I haven't seen anyone post them over at XDA. The closest I have seen is all LG stock apps from the G5 but they require root to push them into /system and set permissions. They can't be sideloaded.

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
you can attempt to sideload them via adb by issuing the command "adb push -r name_of_app.apk" it sometimes works as an aggressive push for apps that won't install manually when trying to install them via package installer.

thunder18

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the things one review of the V20 mentioned is that in order to slim their user interface LG decided to stop duplicating app functionality where Google already had similar apps. For example, I too missed LG's calendar app, but LG provides the comparable Google apps such as this one:

Attachments

• 6233.jpg
    6233.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 128

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to post apks for the missing lg apps.
Havent been able to find the stock calendar app.

Odd.....the LG Calendar app appears in the regular list of apps. That would imply that you can download from play store if you know how to distinguish from other calendar apps.

Most apps that LG provides that are mandatory on the phone are as follows:

Go to Settings
General
About Phone
Update Center
App Updates

That's where LG stores most of what comes with the phone, although I didn't see the stock calendar app. But I use Google Calendar anyway, as I like it better.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.google.android.calendar&token=yMyXb26L

It looks like LG is providing something that is available to all, though, on play store.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You can get the apps if they missing in the update section of the phone. LG has a system updater and an LG app updater.

Also on XDA you can get any of the LG apps you want just do a search.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae