USB OTG

k9cousin

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
So both by V10s crapped out on me and I really loved that phone. I could not get USB OTG to work trying everything although the otg checkers said it would. So I decided on the V20 and really love this one even better (hopefully no tech issues immediately) but again cannot get the OTG to connect with my Seagate portable slim drive. After again researching extensively. So... has anyone's V20 otg connection working and what is the key working point here? Wrong usb cable, kernel issue or not enough sugar in my coffee? Please share any insight. Very frustrated and wasted way too much personal time. Thanks

Irumar

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I moved from an LG G3 to LG V20. Both OTGs working to USB pendrive. Not tried with my WD drive, but I am told one needs an "active" computer to run that. Hope it helps.

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken the phone does not produce/allow enough power through the USB C connector location to power an external hard drive. It may work with a SSD (Solid State Drive) since it essentially is an oversized USB Jump Drive. SanDisk does offer jump drives (pendrives) that have a USB C connector on one side and a typical computer USB connector on the opposite side that do work with the V20 and other smartphones with a USB C connector.

For DLCPA who asked about OTG, it means On The Go.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463